Fuel odometer

ylwf3vr

Well since my duplicate key didn't work on the gas tank I had to go to work on one bar (25-30 miles). On my way back it started flashing and "fuel odometer" started counting up.. Got to about 8 before deciding to coast into a gas station and calling the wife for the original keys.

How long have you all gone on the "fuel" odometer?

jfont

The reserve is about .8 gallons if I recall. So what I would do is find your mpg, multiply that by .7 for some buffer and make that your absolute limit. I think ive pushed her to 35mi on the fuel odometer before.

priotiynapkin

Yeah if I hit 20 miles on my f trip I pull into the next gas station I can find. I hope I never have to find out how far I can push it and get stranded somewhere. Easier to fill up as soon as it starts blinking and never have to worry.

VRIIClubby

65 kms on F-Trip so far, dont think I had far to go!

Y

yellowfz

12 miles is the most I have ever pushed it on the flashing countdown. I figured it at about 1/2 (.5) gallon so was estimating 20-25 or so more miles.

ylwf3vr

Hmm I COULD have made it home lol

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

latony007

Didnt know it started to count down.

it doesnt when you hit "empty" it starts to count UP. tell you how many miles you have driven on reserve.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
I've only found myself with the ft rip a few times both times within5 miles of a station but good to know so about 30 miles
Yeah thanks for this post, very good info. I have only gotten to about 8 miles myself.

latony007

Well since my duplicate key didn't work on the gas tank I had to go to work on one bar (25-30 miles). On my way back it started flashing and "fuel odometer" started counting up.. Got to about 8 before deciding to coast into a gas station and calling the wife for the original keys.

How long have you all gone on the "fuel" odometer?
take the key AND the bike to the guy who cut it. 75/25 he can fix it, otherwise he messed up the blank and you need a new one. I really dont think it was like a bad key. I just ordered 5 red ones.

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

ylwf3vr

take the key AND the bike to the guy who cut it. 75/25 he can fix it, otherwise he messed up the blank and you need a new one. I really dont think it was like a bad key. I just ordered 5 red ones.
Yeah he told me to bring it back with the bike. Just haven't had time. Lol FIVE!?!

latony007

sorry side track convo about spare keys you can buy and have cut
it was only 7$ for the 5 keys and honestly I was planning on sending one up to JT but sounds like he already beat me to it LOL
After hearing from Yllw I figured having a couple spare in case the locksmith screwed it up was a good idea :)

ylwf3vr

LOL Nothing beats the feeling I got when I stopped at a gas station.. turn the bike off.. insert the key into the gas cap..........:confused::confused:

latony007

LOL Nothing beats the feeling I got when I stopped at a gas station.. turn the bike off.. insert the key into the gas cap..........:confused::confused:
I know exactly what you must have said,:wtfgun: