Fuel comsuption

eashleighv9

I am making 22kms per litre of petrol (96 octanes), my bike is quite new. How much mileage can you get with yours?. I also have got a Tw200 and I can make with it 32kms-35kms per litre.

FitZ6R

22 km/l is 52 miles per US gallon, which is quite good. I'm around 46 miles per gallon, or 19.6 km/l.

Stephenfz6r

I get about 20km to a liter of mixed city and highway.

ajiribarren

I'm getting around 14 km/l. Mostly city riding. How do you get such big numbers?

Stephenfz6r

I'm getting around 14 km/l. Mostly city riding. How do you get such big numbers?
I shift a low RPM(3-4000) in town and on the highway I cruise at 6-8000. If I put 12 liters of fuel I'll have traveled 240KM if I put in 10 liters I'll have gone 200KM. The ratio rarely changes unless I ride faster.:D

Superfly

10 L for 200km or 5L/100km is pretty much what I get and I run pretty fast but shift into 6th as soon as I can on the highway. At most it would be 6L/100km but thats prob stop and go traffic and city stuff.

Stephenfz6r

You guys lost me at "kms per litre"! :D
Normally in Canada, fuel efficiency is shown as how many liters it take to travel a 100KM, the lower the number the better the efficiency is. The FZ6R would be at 5 liters per 100KM :D

eashleighv9

Mainly riding to work 54kms each way a day at 100kms/hour, 3 times only so far, raining a lot, the rest in town not too many traffic lights.