Front turn signals -- replacing lens?

pyrocpu

I'm not sure I want to go w/ flushies on my bike; in fact, I rather like the look of the OEM front signals. Only thing is, I'd like to change the lenses out to either a smoke color, or a clear color (and consequently install an orange bulb).

However, when looking at the lenses, it appears that the lenses and the reflector come as an assembly; there is no reflector in the bulb portion of the socket. Is there a replacement lens/reflector kit I can buy? I can't seem to find any!

vitrox

check ebay, there aren't any oem housings smoked, but you can get some small led stalks that are smoked.

Heineken

Elite Member

flyingminno

Hmmmz.... I'm still debating about the way to go for the front signals.... I think I like your idea, maybe we can "smoke" the OEM ones to looks a bit better. We can use the same process they do car taillights and such. A can of specialty spray paint and were there.

Anybody with any other ideas?
I'd like that for looks, but for practicality the turn signals are there to notify other drivers of your intentions. I'll keep mine as bright as possible for saftey.

Heineken

Elite Member

Detrich

are the front turn signals difficult to swap out?

i don't think i will change mine out yet, cuz i'm sure i'll have more mishaps. but, it would be nice to know that they are easy to replace, should i crack one...

MikeN02

are the front turn signals difficult to swap out?

i don't think i will change mine out yet, cuz i'm sure i'll have more mishaps. but, it would be nice to know that they are easy to replace, should i crack one...
Their okay, like on the majority of Yamaha's. You take the plastic off from the inside, crunch the turn signal stem (it's made of plastic/rubber) and pull it out. Could also use pliers to clamp them down and pull it out.

Detrich

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

Detrich

oh, ok. i guess it will make more sense when i look at it. :)

thanks guys.

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

PnB-2K9

Pics pl.

Hi all, This is my first post on this blog. Expecting my first 6R in few weeks :)
.. let me confess, how do you post a question/query !?! .. and then, as the subject suggests, pl. do post some pics once you have fixed the new signals.
Best Wishes.

Detrich

congrats and welcome PnB... what color bike are u getting? post some pic once u get it.

to post, just click on the QR button (next to the Thanks button) on the last post of the thread. to start a new thread, go to the forum home page, click on forum, select a category (parts, for sale etc.), and then click the new thread button.

stuna

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/VHT-Shades-Cover-Black-Coating/dp/B00290CBGA]Amazon.com: VHT Nite Shades Cover Tint Black Tail Light Lens Coating - Lens Cover Tint: Automotive[/ame]

Detrich

oh, wait... hmm...

i think what i meant is... after you remove the blinker, it's still connected and dangles to a wire. so, i was wondering how difficult is it to reach inside the fairing to unplug the "cable" that the blinker is connected to to swap it out. cuz, yah- the blinker itself just wiggles right off. (see diagram) does that make sense?

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

bmw675

plus, at least in my case, the flush mount wire leads are short and its easier to connect/disconnect them when the fairing is attached. leave it on and just reach in there.

Detrich

gotcha. thanks chris. thanks bmw.

:)