Front Turn Signal Diagram? Need to repair them.

Okay, so here's what happened. I bought my bike several years ago and installed by myself some Proton Flushmounts. It was a rather simple process.

I had an accident and both my turn signals were replaced via the dealer.

Again, I broke one of my turn signals last year and I'm just beginning to replace them now and get the bike back on the road.

Here's the problem....

I pulled the Scorpio alarm system out of my bike. I didn't need it anymore. In doing so, I cut 2 wires the dealer installed. They ran from the harness (they were spliced in) on the right side of the rear seat all the way up to my right blinker. The left side was not wired this way...that I know of...but I think maybe one of the positive wires were also spliced into it.

So, basically I cut that wire and realized it went to my turn signal.. Great. Now I have no idea how my left or right turn signal is connected to the bike. I'm assuming the long wire I cut was for the alarm and somehow tied into the blinkers. I suspect that when I armed/disarmed the alarm, my front and back turn signals would be triggered to flash because of this setup. I believe I still have the factory black plastic plugs for turn signals installed in the front.

I'm trying to get back to a regular blinker setup with some turn signals I purchased off eBay.

I'll take as many pictures as I can. Please bare with me. I'll either upload them tonight or take some when it's daylight out to get a better shot.

I called the Yamaha dealer and they said it'd be $90 an hour. I think I can fix it myself. I have plenty of wire and splice connectors.

Thanks in advance if anyone can help!

Last edited:

Asako

Turn signals are pretty simple. There's two wires, black for ground and green/brown which connect to your turn signal switch. Green for the right, brown for the left.

That's good to hear! Everything under fork is all taped up. I'll have to pull it apart and take a look at it.

Do the quick disconnects have to be weather insulated?

I don't have any that are. I don't see a problem with not going with them.

Ah shoot! I broke the retention clip off one of the rear turn signal OEM plugs... The plug still works, but I had to tape the plug to the aftermarket plug to make it stay in.

I taped it up well. I did notice that was an unused bullet connector hanging out too. Come to think of it, I think the tail is pretty good at keeping water out already. I've never ruined my insurance or registration cards :D.

I'll try to get those pictures today. Busy week!

Does anyone know the name for the rear turn signal oem male circular plug? I know it was suggested I tape it (which I did), but I'd like to replace the connector. I just can't find the proper name for it :D.

Sent from Tapatalk

Asako

Does anyone know the name for the rear turn signal oem male circular plug? I know it was suggested I tape it (which I did), but I'd like to replace the connector. I just can't find the proper name for it :D.

Sent from Tapatalk
Just get some butt connectors or bullet connectors if you want to be able to pull it apart. They even make heat shrink, waterproof ones.