Front fork spools?

Ricenoodle

I'm deploying soon so i'm needing to winterize the bike. Already planning on getting T-Rex spools for the rear, got front and rear stands, but i'm short on front spools. How do you guys have that have your bike jacked up all winter do it? Can't seem to find the spools, just trying not to let the bike sit on tires for 6-8 months. Let me know, Thanks

bleedinblue

Elite Member

bmw675

I recommend a triple tree lift stand; no spools needed either.
If you decide to move the forks or pull them off for service, you will already have to correct stand. To me, it feels more stable as well.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

abyss1406

I know this is an old reply Don, but I was thinking of getting a headlift stand (Venom to match my rear spool stand) and remember seeing this thread about the 21mm pin. Question is, where the F*** is the hole for the pin? I was looking under there yesterday trying to see if I wanted to go that route and didn't see the hole. Why would they put the F***er behind the horn bracket? My front is lowered for my clipons too which probably made it harder to see.[/QUOTE

The hole is is located in the middle of the lower triple tree, and I do believe there is a plastic cap covering the hole.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member