Frame Sliders

RoadRunner

I know I might of put this in the Mods board but I thought General Discussion might get more air time.

Over 120K motorcycle miles in the past 5 years and I've never had an accident until recently. Single vehicle crash and I remember nothing except sitting up on the street being honked at and my bike was a ways down the street.

One of the first things I did to this bike was put frame sliders on, and I'm glad I did...As you'll see the slider took the brunt of the impact, you'll see a little scratch on the engine cover and the shift lever is bent. Besides a few scratches, that was the extent of the bike damage. If I hadn't had the slider on there, I'm pretty sure the bike would have been totaled.

Me? Apparently landed on my arm. I'll be riding again soon.

Attachments

LS6TT

Glad you're okay. If you don't remeber what caused the wreck, you need to get into a dr about an MRI and make sure you didn't have a seizure or just pass out etc. could be real bad news mate.

Bert-Aus

Second That!
Get checked asap, your bike is fine
You can sand that casing smooth and hit with high temp matt black, you wont be able to pick it

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2

RoadRunner

Thanks for the health concerns, I meant I don't remember losing control, flying through the air, etc......but I believe I caused the incident by over braking. I recall suddenly seeing a red light and cars turning at a 3 way intersection about 40 yards from a 4-way intersection where the light was green (and where my eyes were). It's weird.

I broke my upper arm at they shoulder joint into 4 pieces....not a good injury to have, but after surgery, etc., I'm recuperating. Not a scratch on the helmet. Not aware of any witnesses because the cops didn't show up until my SO came and rode the bike home. Cop asked me what happened, and then looked around and asked where the bike was.....hell, it was already in my garage, I was in the ambulance with drugs on board. My SO took my jacket, helmet, gloves, etc. home....I had to tell the ED docs they needed to unzip my boots to get them off (they were just pulling). ATGATT.....but mostly I wanted to share the sliders.....I was VERY impressed. Already have my replacement slider waiting to be put on.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

indian9990

I'm glad you okay!! Good to hear that sliders are working! When I was reading around the forums, I kept reading that they usually break off and end up being useless.

Which sliders did you get?