Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

Pointman1776

Elite Member

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

ylwf3vr

The seller gave me Shogun Frame Sliders part number 750-6379. He told me they don't fit because the fairings are in the way. I haven't tried yet but I'm wondering if you all had experience with this part number.

latony007

t-rex

anyone dropped on the t-rex? I love the way they look compared to the shogun and since they are solid on the end i was able to put a red yamaha gel sticker on each one, should be able to sort of see it in my picture.

MiltonDorkenhoff

Search, THEN post.
Elite Member

Bert-Aus

I had to cut for my T-Rex, but keep in mind my mid-fairing is a different shape and layout to the FZ6R.

I prefer the overall look of the TRex than other sliders IMHO

MiltonDorkenhoff

Search, THEN post.
Elite Member

xleeb0y13x

I like the shogun no cut sliders I have but am thinking about switching to the puig sliders. A little expensive but the design seems better than the standard style of sliders.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1379583855.917950.jpg

Sent while running with scissors.

Cerebus

anyone dropped on the t-rex? I love the way they look compared to the shogun and since they are solid on the end i was able to put a red yamaha gel sticker on each one, should be able to sort of see it in my picture.
Yes. They did their job protecting the frame. The fairing took a beating and there was a small scuff on the engine cover, but the frame was untouched.

I would recommend their spool adapters as well. They kept the swing arm off the ground.

latony007

why

Search.. Seriously.. I used google (an Internet thing, not sure if you've heard of it?) and searched for "t-rex site:www.600cc.org" and would you believe, the FIRST result was someone on this forum saying:

as i explained here I laid the bike down today. layed the bike down.

I had t-rex 3 mount no cut frame sliders on my bike and they completely failed at doing their job. the slider on the side that hit the ground broke off. I was only going about 35 mph. I wasn't racing​

It was the second result using bing to search; second in Yahoo! as well, but there I also learned that Ken Norton was dead.
You the search Nazi or something? Geesh, Thanks for the info.

ylwf3vr

hmmmmmmmm seems like I have to cut the fairings even though the packaging says "no cut" sliders......

latony007

take a look

hmmmmmmmm seems like I have to cut the fairings even though the packaging says "no cut" sliders......
Hmm, if it said no cut on the package you would think that's what it is. But im pretty sure you can tell pretty easy. the no cut ones have a piece of metal plate coming off them vs. the cut ones screw straight on. Here is a picture of the no cuts..

09 12 Yamaha FZ6R Shogun Black No Cut Frame Sliders | eBay