Frame Sliders

MyBabyFZ6R

I dropped my new bike HELP! :(

I though the kick stand was down and I started to get off my bike and we both went over. Happily the fairing is fine the directional has a little scratch. SO.....I want to buy frame sliders for my FZ6R.

Any recommendations? Are the ones you don't drill better than having to drill a hole in the fairing? Brands? One better than the other? Suggestions would be appreciated.

Detrich

sorry to hear about the mishap... :( but, honestly we've all done something like this, so don't beat yourself over it. just part of the learning process... :)

there are a lot of threads on here about frame sliders, which ones are good, and how to install them. for future reference, simply click search and type in frame sliders and you'll find a wealth of info. there are many choices for sliders that don't require any cutting- ie shogun, t-rex, and intuitive racing etc.
Yamaha FZ6R Forums - International FZ6R / XJ6 Motorcycle Community Forum - Search Results

these are the frame sliders i have installed. (click on my pictures to see what they look like installed.) i've tipped over a bunch of times now too, and they've protected the fairings well. my only gripe is they are a little expensive at $100 a pair.
Intuitive NO CUT Frame Sliders for FZ6R 09-10 - Frame Sliders & Bar Ends - Solo Moto Parts

unfortunately our bike will scratch in several places- depending on the angle of the tip. most common is mirrors, front turn signals, end grips, oil cover, brake/ clutch lever ball ends, and the carbon fiber looking handle that goes around the rear seat...

for touch-ups i use (1) a q-tip and apply Forever Black, which is a $10 black (shiny) dye used to re-color plastic weather trim on cars- can buy at any auto supply shop, and (2) a $5 felt-tip silver paint pen I bought a Office Max- to touch up silver parts. works really well.

hope this helps. and remember you can find answers to most questions by searching first. :)

NYGirl

I wish the manufacturers would just install the frame sliders.. I mean.. everyone drops their bike sometime!

But of course they wouldn't make any money off of us replacing parts then, would they? LOL