Frame sliders

nomen cognomen

Has anyone here gotten frame sliders for their bike yet?
I did a search and I found that Intuitive Racing has some no-cut sliders for about $119. If anyone's gotten these already, how are they? Were they easy to install?

Also, what other forms of protection have you all put on your bikes? Bar ends, tank pads, spool sliders, etc? All my money is going towards protection for myself and my bike first ;)

S

Se7enLC

I did a search and I found that Intuitive Racing has some no-cut sliders for about $119. If anyone's gotten these already, how are they? Were they easy to install?

Also, what other forms of protection have you all put on your bikes? Bar ends, tank pads, spool sliders, etc? All my money is going towards protection for myself and my bike first ;)
Motovation makes a good set of sliders for around $85. I've tested them out - they work pretty well. Right side is fully protected, left side only the engine cover and the top of the fairing hits.

Simple to install, just need an allen bit (8mm, I think?) and a torque wrench.

O-turn

Partier
Motovation makes a good set of sliders for around $85. I've tested them out - they work pretty well. Right side is fully protected, left side only the engine cover and the top of the fairing hits.

Simple to install, just need an allen bit (8mm, I think?) and a torque wrench.
Was that tested on your fz6? Or the R?

B

blaxx

I just received the Intuitive Racing frame sliders yesterday, I will mess with installing them probably Thursday. I will let you know how it works out, and take some pics too.

r0bot

I just received the Intuitive Racing frame sliders yesterday, I will mess with installing them probably Thursday. I will let you know how it works out, and take some pics too.
Thanks blaxx, would love to hear your thoughts on these as they are what i am considering as well.

MNDZA

I have those and they fit perfectly.

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
My no-cut sliders from Intuitive Racing will be here Monday. I will get them on and put pics up as well.

r0bot

I have those and they fit perfectly.
Could you post some close up pics of them install MNDZA, also since they have the extender to make them no cut how do they feel they will hold up in a fall?

B

blaxx

Thanks blaxx, would love to hear your thoughts on these as they are what i am considering as well.
Well, I got them installed, easy to do.

Removed the faring on both sides:

Removed one frame bolt on the right side, frame slider goes in its place, with the longer bolt required included in the package. Removed two bolts on the left hand side frame, a bracket installs using these two bolts, the longer ones included in the package, then the slider peg installs on the bracket.

Here's a pic of the right hand slider installed without the faring installed yet:

And here's a pic of the same right hand slider with the faring installed, notice how the slider peg is slotted on the side for the edge of the faring, pretty slick. I do not have a pic of the left hand side, but it's basically the same deal.

Hope this helps you, and I also hope that they will never have to be used, lol. ;)

B

blaxx

That looks cool without the side fairings.
Ya. It kinda does :D Just if there was a place to mount the front turn signals I would leave it off and also take those little mount things off the very bottom where the fairing bolts on, just to see what it is like to ride! :Flash:

NDUTYME

thanks a million blaxx, the pics helps alot, I assume the sliders already came slotted to fit the frame; hence the name no-cut?

B

blaxx

Ya, actually they come slotted to accomidate the edge of the farings, easy install.

Also I saw a earlier post about the torque specs for these bolts, well, I just tightened them until I couldn't tighten anymore! LOL The original bolts were in there really tight, so I figure this should work fine.

I would really like to get my hands on a service manual for this bike, if anyone has any ideas where I might find one that would be great! :)

MNDZA

Ya, actually they come slotted to accomidate the edge of the farings, easy install.

Also I saw a earlier post about the torque specs for these bolts, well, I just tightened them until I couldn't tighten anymore! LOL The original bolts were in there really tight, so I figure this should work fine.

I would really like to get my hands on a service manual for this bike, if anyone has any ideas where I might find one that would be great! :)
You could order it from yamaha-motor.com, but they're not cheap. $90.00.

B

blaxx

I might just have to go that route, I am not having any luck with Ebay, where I have gone in the past for manuals. Thanks for the info! :)
I really like to get every detail possible because I don't want to go to the dealer for repairs & adjustments unless absolutely necessary.

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
My no-cut sliders came in yesterday, and they were a breeze to put on. I didn't even remove the fairings. I just removed the top fairing bolt and that was enough to allow access to the bolts for installation.

The quality looks to be solid. I feel they would serve their purpose well, although I don't plan to test them.

I torqued the engine/frame bolts down to about 20 ft.lbs if anyone cares to know what I used. The left slider gets torqued to 50 ft.lbs on the adapter.

Here are a few pics I snapped.

Left slider

Right slider

tractorboy

How long are those babies?? Making a set and not sure how "long" each side should be. They look longer than I woulda thought.....

I would love a quick idea. those look to be maybe 4" long?

Thanks