Frame sliders, a "must install" mod.

AL72

I own a new 2014 FZ6R, and the only mod I had installed was the frame sliders (Shogun). Yesterday I made a "U" turn in a cobblestone street and I step my right foot on a loose stone, and the bike (and me...) fall to the right. I stopped the engine immediately, lift the bike (with the help of a guy that was in the sidewalk), and cheerfully it was intact, no one single scratch in fairings, turn signals, levers, gas tank, etc... just a very little mark in the right slider.
I don´t want to imagine the cost of a new right fairing!

Regards!

latony007

I own a new 2014 FZ6R, and the only mod I had installed was the frame sliders (Shogun). Yesterday I made a "U" turn in a cobblestone street and I step my right foot on a loose stone, and the bike (and me...) fall to the right. I stopped the engine immediately, lift the bike (with the help of a guy that was in the sidewalk), and cheerfully it was intact, no one single scratch in fairings, turn signals, levers, gas tank, etc... just a very little mark in the right slider.
I don´t want to imagine the cost of a new right fairing!

Regards!
nice, the fairing is in the neighborhood of $400 for one side.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Ducayama

Girlfriend took a pretty good spill last Sunday and believe me when I say that frame sliders are the best investment you can make to lessen the amount of costly damage if you are to drop the bike. I am amazed as to the amount of protection they supply. Girlfriend was wearing full protective gear and like the bike suffered minor injuries.

mrtho1

Ordered some yesterday from oesaccessories.com.

zcypher

Nearly dropped mine when my foot slipped in muddy rocks. Thankfully didn't, but sliders are now at the top of my list of things to get!

latony007

Nearly dropped mine when my foot slipped in muddy rocks. Thankfully didn't, but sliders are now at the top of my list of things to get!
i think a lot of people, like myself, only get them after a drop lol. I reccomend before a drop. Luckily my drop only put a tiny scratch on the signal (which i was switching to flush mounts anyway) so i put t-rex on there 2 days later.