Footpegs vibrate qtn.

2wheelie

My footpegs started to vibrate between 6 and 7k Rpm’s. Strangely they do that only in this range and in every gear. I checked the tightening of the bolts around but didn’t see anything loose. Is there any other reason that causing this?

ChUcK

You got one of those Maxwell Smart editions. Careful about keeping the engine in that range or it'll self-destruct.

Seriously, I think most if not all fz6rs do this. I think someone mentioned a harmonic oscillation that just sort of exists for our engine. Mine did it really bad at first, but either I have gotten used to it or it has toned down significantly. I'm at 3500 miles now and it's not as bad as it was at first.

It was bad enough that I thought of gluing some thin rubber between the peg and the frame, but I never did. Now I don't seem to need it.

kevin8198

Elite Member

Gwai lo 2.0

The vibration at 6000rpm is a great thing, especially if you have a gf/wife on the back seat at that rpm ;) the rear seat vibrates like hell and has that special hump towards the front....I know my gf loves it!

ChUcK

Doesn't Dart have a ton of miles on his fz6r? Dart, what's the 6.5K vibration like on your bike?

Roaddawg

I've got 25-26K on mine and honestly, I don't really notice the vibrations that much...it's there, but just not that bad for me to complain about. And, I commute on the freeway one hour each way in that RPM range....not a problem to me. Try riding an V-twin....then you'll realize how smooth our bike really is! :cool:

Chucker

Every bike I've owned has had a bit of a buzz through a certain range of RPMs. My FZ6r is no different and it is in the 6-7000 range. I think I remember reading about it in the reviews before I bought. It's only a problem if it bothers you.

2wheelie

The vibration at 6000rpm is a great thing, especially if you have a gf/wife on the back seat at that rpm ;) the rear seat vibrates like hell and has that special hump towards the front....I know my gf loves it!
Yeah, my wife likes it... Didn't ask the G/F :)