Flying Travel questions, tips, tricks

BrockGrimes

I travel for business/work. I leave my ride (car) at the airport for a week or two at a time.
I generally travel with a back pack (weeks worth of cloths) and a laptop with misc. accessories.
I've been trying to figure out the logistics of my motorcycle and of my riding gear.
I haven't ridden my bike up yet as it's still in the break in period and it's almost 2hrs of interstate travel at 80+-.

Anyone else leave their bike at the airport?
What security measures do you take?
What do you do with your riding gear/helmet/etc?
What bags do you take?
Laptop?

I've considered just checking it all in a bigger bag and just hand carry the laptop but I hate the idea of loosing all my gear, cloths, etc.

I've never really seen this addressed before.
What do you guys who fly for travel/work do?

Last edited:

ylwf3vr

I travel for business/work. I leave my ride (car) at the airport for a week or two at a time.
I generally travel with a back pack (weeks worth of cloths) and a laptop with misc. accessories.
I've been trying to figure out the logistics of my motorcycle and of my riding gear.
I haven't ridden my bike up yet as it's still in the break in period and it's almost 2hrs of interstate travel at 80+-.

Anyone else leave their bike at the airport?
What security measures do you take?
What do you do with your riding gear/helmet/etc?
What bags do you take?
Laptop?

I've considered just checking it all in a bigger bag and just hand carry the laptop but I hate the idea of loosing all my gear, cloths, etc.

I've never really seen this addressed before.
What do you guys who fly for travel/work do?
Interesting question! I travel a lot but never took my bike to the airport.. personally I wouldn't leave it in a public parking for a long time without a GOOD security measure.

While in college I parked my bike in a garage with just a alarm disc lock for 2 weeks. That thing was gone when I got back. I also parked under the security camera and they couldn't really help me. I also did the same for my car and when I got back someone ripped off my door handle and side view mirror.

College and airport securities are different I understand, but I just don't feel comfortable personally.

If you were to park it there I would do it near the terminal in the open and under a security camera. If there is a motorcycle parking even better. Heavy duty chain and disc lock is a must of course.

When I travel I just have a small carry-on bag and laptop bag (even though I've moved more toward just carrying my iPad). I hate checking bags lol

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Bert-Aus

I would never leave my girl long time exposed like that -even in Radelaide, which is a very safe place in the world!

When i travel get a taxi and charge it to work! or claim it on tax (reminder Im in the land Down Under, not sure if/how US tax works)

VRIIClubby

I would never leave my girl long time exposed like that -even in Radelaide, which is a very safe place in the world!

When i travel get a taxi and charge it to work! or claim it on tax (reminder Im in the land Down Under, not sure if/how US tax works)
same here, never would I park something I owned at an airport any longer than picking someone up.

I always travelled taxi to the airport when I travelled, that was nearly two hours each way to the airport and it was cheaper than parking.

If my work made me park there, I would drive/ride instead of flying, park it in the carpark there everyday with you.

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

latony007

your company must pay for parking. If you left you car for 2 weeks at LAX it would cost more than the ticket to most cities!! And im afraid I have to agree, the only car I would leave at the airport is a rental! The best advise I can give on flying is do it as little as possible. They have made it such a nightmare and take so long I only do it if I have to. Anything under 500 miles for sure I am driving.

BrockGrimes

LOL, yeah the company pays for parking. I have no choice but to travel. Spent over 100 nights in a hotel this year. I drive up to Atlanta. The airport has the covered parking garage areas and is patroled. Figured I'd park near the terminal side where people are constantly walking in and out heading to cars. Hell I see all sorts of Porsches, panameras, 911's etc. etc. I'll park next to it, lol.

Really just trying to figure out what to do with my gear + cloths + laptop + helmet.....

latony007

LOL, yeah the company pays for parking. I have no choice but to travel. Spent over 100 nights in a hotel this year. I drive up to Atlanta. The airport has the covered parking garage areas and is patroled. Figured I'd park near the terminal side where people are constantly walking in and out heading to cars. Hell I see all sorts of Porsches, panameras, 911's etc. etc. I'll park next to it, lol.

Really just trying to figure out what to do with my gear + cloths + laptop + helmet.....
Don't airports have lockers or something inside, like Disneyland ? :)

FastFreddy

I've noticed most countries still have the daily allowance like we used to have.
None of this collect every single receipt and claim the exact amount rigmorale we put up with.