FLY Bar Ends

tr1umph4nt

Anyone ever seen or even have this on their fz6r? I bought this at a near by yamaha dealer, i was looking for something to minimize the vibration, and they said this one will work. its 10 bucks so i tried it out.

The thing with this is i cant install it. theres something in the middle of the bar where the stock bar ends was screwed in to. Anyone know how to install this? Pls Help!

Attachments

Last edited:

Wooster

Return them. Those are not for our threaded bars.

tr1umph4nt

Ok returning them. whe do you guys recommend for a bar end that will reduce vibration and fit a set of cnc mirrors?

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

tr1umph4nt

Nothing is going to reduce the vibration as much as the stock weighted bar ends. Sage uses the Yamaha Factory Accessory bar ends, you remove the carbon fiber and it is the right size for CNC mirrors. Good luck.
Thanks, Ill go look for the factory accessory bar ends.

wtnotch

Actually, you can do better than stock. There are heavier bar ends available from Hudson Valley Motorsports Parts - Motorcycle Handle Bar Ends to Reduce Vibrations

I installed a set a while ago and I believe Marthy did as well. They definitely work better than stock.

Also, Rizoma handlebars have a thicker wall and cut vibration some as well. If you want the ultimate low vib setup, I'd stick some HVMC bar ends on some Rizoma bars and ride off into the sunset a happy man :)

Right now, I'm just running the Rizoma bars with no bar ends at all and there is very little vibration.

Russ

tr1umph4nt

Actually, you can do better than stock. There are heavier bar ends available from Hudson Valley Motorsports Parts - Motorcycle Handle Bar Ends to Reduce Vibrations

I installed a set a while ago and I believe Marthy did as well. They definitely work better than stock.

Also, Rizoma handlebars have a thicker wall and cut vibration some as well. If you want the ultimate low vib setup, I'd stick some HVMC bar ends on some Rizoma bars and ride off into the sunset a happy man :)

Right now, I'm just running the Rizoma bars with no bar ends at all and there is very little vibration.

Russ
Ive seen those. did you get the heavy or extra heavy? you know any bar end mirrors or something that can go with it? im definetly going to look at the handlebars

cezell09

Well I know if you want bar end mirrors with the stock bar ends you will have to move all of your controls inward. It's not that big of a task but you will have to drill two holes for the throttle and the left hand controls in order for them not to spin on the bar. I did it and it was no problem.

Attachments

wtnotch

Instead of drilling the bars, one other option is to file the little nubs down and don't use them to locate the bars. You can tighten the controls down more than enough without the nubs and you can then also reposition the controls independent of bar position.

Russ

tr1umph4nt

Thanks for the tip guys! On the Rizoma Handle bars, Did you guys have to drill any holes during the installation? Im curious does rizoma sport bend fits the fz6r?