Flipping handlebars??

Bumblebeefz6r

Anyone have an idea if this would work. To get a more aggressive feel in riding, just take the current handlebars and flip them over so your hands flip over?

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
I believe that you would have to turn them 180 to get the grips to face backwards as well. Because if you just rotate them down, the grips will face forwards. I'm sure it would work though.

shreveport1

the bar's are 7/8" or 22mm in diameter so you can find lot's of different bar's to get the feel you want for your bike.:D

Bumblebeefz6r

This is my first bike, so i'm somewhat new at all this, and i have done some searching for new handlebars online but come up emtpy handed. Any sites you know that carry good handlbars. Thanks

shreveport1

guerogilbert

handle bar risers

hey how are yall doing i have a question has anyone tried putting the fz1 gytr lower rizers from yamaha on the fz6r yet from pics it looks like it would work but would like to know if any one has tried if not i will be the test dummy

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
hey how are yall doing i have a question has anyone tried putting the fz1 gytr lower rizers from yamaha on the fz6r yet from pics it looks like it would work but would like to know if any one has tried if not i will be the test dummy
Welcome to the site! I don't believe anyone has tried this yet. If you give it a try, be sure to report back with us and give us your opinions.

guerogilbert

deff

i will let everyone no if it works out good or not i am going to call the yamaha shop this next week and order it i am going to change the handle bars as well found some i like on ebay for cheap so i will post pics when it is complet

cbzdel

because of our fairings it really limits what kind of bars we can use.. just something to think about, turn the wheel to full lock, and notice how little clearance there is.

RZ350 Rider

You might have trouble with the bars hitting the tank that way. I don't know if there will be enough room, but you could always just try it and see. Mine seem pretty close in the stock upright position. I don't have my bike at work today or I would do it, but you might try to measure the drop in the bars (you'd be measuring the rise and reversing it) before you take the bars off, it might save you the trouble of taking them off just to put them back on.

Last edited:

RZ350 Rider

After looking at my 6R I don't see how you'd have enough clearance for the switchgear not to hit the tank. It appears you'd lose quite a bit of lock and damage the tank and lose the fork lock capability. Drag bars might not even work with the farings we have.

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member

columbiansnow

Renthal Handlebar + HVMP bar ends + Oury grips - Yamaha FZ6 Forums - International FZ6 Motorcycle Community Forum

If the FZ6 handle bars are compatible with the FZ6R, check out the link above. The handlebars are straightened out, so you would have to lean farther forward, giving a more aggressive riding position.
Im new to this site amd this is my first post ever haha. But fz6 handlebars are very uncomfortable on your back and wrists especially for long periods of time. Maybe try fz1 handlebars im sure there is a thread somewhere abouy that.

Last edited:

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member