fix the stearing

erionalite

hey guys, I recently dropped my byke and the stearing is a bit off.

Has anyone fixed the stearing by themselfs ? The mechanic wants $80 bucks for it.

Do you guys think is worth it ? It is not that bad, but one can tell the difference.

thanks.

NoDoze

When I dropped my bike, I was at a complete stop but it jogged the handle bar about 5mm to the right. When I took the bike in for the initial 600m maintenance, I asked them to adjust it for me.

If it's just a matter of the handle bar being off, you might be able to do that on your own. But if it's more than that, then it might be worth having a mechanic do it for you.

Just my 2¢

Deanohh

loosen up the upper or lower triple clamp, but not both upper and lower, on each fork. Then put the side of the front tire against a post or wall and twist the handle bars real hard against the wall until the wheel goes straight compared to the handlebars. Then tighten the clamp bolts to proper torque.... you're done.

Chucker

hey guys, I recently dropped my byke and the stearing is a bit off.

Has anyone fixed the stearing by themselfs ? The mechanic wants $80 bucks for it.

Do you guys think is worth it ? It is not that bad, but one can tell the difference.

thanks.
If you're asking the question, it sounds like you've not done this before. If this is an experienced motorcycle mechanic and he wants $80, it's pretty cheap to know it's done right. You don't want to be messing with the steering on a bike or a car if you don't know what you're doing. That $80 won't seem like much if you have a spill because you didn't spend it.