Fitting the fairings!

Username

So I bought my 2009 FZ6R with about 4,500 miles on it. It was tipped over and the owner decided to just street fighter it and take the fairings off and I don't think he documented all that very well because he did give us all the plastic bits back but I feel like some metal mounts were lost in the process... So basically the fairings aren't as secure as they can be.

Does anybody know where I can buy those metal pieces/mounts that some parts of the fairings connect to? It's not a problem but I'd like my panels to be a little more sturdy... Thanks.

ALSO! Is the front wheel suppose to be that close to the fairings? I'll take a picture later but the wheel is about an inch away from the plastic bits....

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Username

Yeah, if you can get a couple pics it would be easier to tell exactly what might be missing. There is no metal on the fairings themselves. The only metal framing other than the normal mounting points is the air dam behind the front wheel (in front of headers). There are metal bars the the fairings attach to.
Right those bars and a smaller metal piece is what im missing... any idea were I could find those metal bars?

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Username

2011 Yamaha FZ6R (CA) FZ6RACB Parts, 2011 Yamaha FZ6R (CA) FZ6RACB OEM Parts - BikeBandit.com Part 37 is one of the parts you need. You can look at the diagram to see if you can determine the other parts. I keep bike bandit bookmarked, because they have these full blow up drawings with part numbers. You can always purchase elsewhere once you determine what you need, but they seem reasonable.

Thanks man you are a life saver! This is perfect!

Mods can lock this thread or trash it or whatever, problem has been solved.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member