First ride tomorrow ::UPDATE::

SeggyGuy

Took everyone's advice and cancelled my pickup yesterday, and scheduled a delivery for early next week. Only issue is it's supposed to rain all next week.... figures. Oh well I'll get it soon enough, just sucks watching my gear gather dust.

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

fltdriver

The rainy days could be put to good use familiarizing yourself with the controls as well as removing fairings and locating key areas that will need to be maintained.

Oh... and taking pics.

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

chewmieser

I had called ahead before I bought my bike and brought it home same day. First time riding it (and first ride after the MSF course). Took a few minutes to get used to, but riding it around Memphis before I drove it back home on the highway (1.5-2hr ride) made me more comfortable.

You definitely made the better decision in not picking it up, but it probably would've been ok. It was around 3-4months before I bought my bike after taking the MSF course (and never really being exposed to motorcycles prior) and I did just fine.

Now's the fun part though: PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE (after that damn rain goes away)!