First ride of the year, new bike.

yellolab

So I bought the FZ6R(new 2013) this winter in Vermont, and it's been sitting in the spare room. I did some mods, including the Marthy exhaust, and I've been "patiently" waiting for the chance to take it for the first ride.
Today was the day. 59 degrees out, and enough of snow/ice had melted. Back roads are still muddy(I live on a dirt road).
Took it easy, working thru all the gears, kept the revs under 6K. What a great ride. Put 47 miles on it going thru the back roads.
And of course, the obligatory pics:

Attachments

latony007

So I bought the FZ6R(new 2013) this winter in Vermont, and it's been sitting in the spare room. I did some mods, including the Marthy exhaust, and I've been "patiently" waiting for the chance to take it for the first ride.
Today was the day. 59 degrees out, and enough of snow/ice had melted. Back roads are still muddy(I live on a dirt road).
Took it easy, working thru all the gears, kept the revs under 6K. What a great ride. Put 47 miles on it going thru the back roads.
And of course, the obligatory pics:
Congrats and enjoy! at least during the few months you are allowed back there :)

dodges

you go ride just be careful of sand and salt on the roads as I'm in Ontario Canada and the roads are dry but dirty like my ex LOL :thumbup:

buzzbomb

Elite Member

JulianK

I'm in the same boat as you! Got my bike late fall and been dying all winter to take her out.

What dodges said though.... Watch for sand and crap on the road until you've had some good solid rain showers to wash it off. Also (from what I've been told) cool weather means cooler tires = less grip.

So basically, I've been riding like a little old lady. Which is perfectly fine! :)