First post

Dustin600

I bought a copper 2011 FZ6R last month and I’m really happy with my purchase. I’ve owned a couple of bikes in the past, most recently a 2008 Suzuki GSX650F that I bought new and rode over 18,000 miles.

The GSX650F is very similar to the FZ6R but I knew as soon as I rode out of the Yamaha dealer that I liked the FZ6R more than I’d ever liked the Suzuki. The last 1100 miles have confirmed that. The rider position is more comfortable and has a much nicer seat. Its not as top heavy and bulky as the Suzuki making it much more nimble on the roads and easier to push around with your feet. The GSX650F was difficult to find aftermarket parts for. The dealer I bought my FZ6R from had aftermarket parts in stock the day I bought it. The only thing I can say that the Suzuki had over the Yamaha was the gauge cluster. I like the looks of it better and it had a gear indicator included in the cluster. I found it to be really useful.

Dustin600

You're definately right about that. It look like everyone has already figured out common problems or how to's and posted them here.

Fizzer6R

congrats!... hey you missed putting the kickstand on the white line for the photo :p

Dustin600

Welcome Dustin! Warning this forum is so addicting! How does the Suzuki match up with the FZ6R acceleration ?
The acceleration does feel different. The FZ6R seems to really kick in around 6000 RPM. The Suzuki's was pretty smooth. I used to take the GSX650F to the drag strip a lot. The only motor mods I had were a Two Bros exhaust and Juice Box. It would run 12.2 @ 108 MPH all night. I've seen a post on here from someone that their stock FZ6R ran the same times. So they're pretty close in acceleration. I know the FZ6R has a little less power but the GSX650F is around 70lb heavier too.

CrazyCawi

Warm welcome from cc

DakinechicK

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii! :cheer:

Doncan

Welcome to the forum. I'm sure you will love more your bike the more you ride it. This forum is an excellent tool to find info regarding all aspects of your motorcycle.

MustGoFaster

oooOOOOooo looks like my bike! :D

Greetings from the desert, suh, and welcome!

KeysRider3

Welcome to the forum! Zook makes great bikes, and both the 650R and 500F were good examples. Hope you continue to enjoy your 6R, and let us up on any return to the dragstrip.