Finally!

VRIIClubby

feel for ya mate! I don't have the wrist issues (I worked in my wrists a lot when I was young hahahaha) but I sure as do have some serious back issues.

I had a car accident just over ten years ago, fractured a few vertebrae and have some serious disc issues, fusion is all I keep hearing and I keep a running!

Mine will come and go, be great for a few onths then all of sudeden BAM, im out for at least three weeks, and I mean out, cant feel my feet I go all wonky (one side of me is really straight the other really short).

Anyways, tried everything, all sorts of rehab and continual therapies, medications, chiro's, accupunture blah blah If its anywhere near me I have tried it!

All I can say is get your hands on a drug called "Lyrica" Since taking that I have had NO problems, as in Zilch Zero nothing! from what I have been told it was/is an epilepsy drug, it pays around with some receptors in your head. I now know of more than 20 people on it and all have had the same sudden improvements!
Apparently a lot oif med students are taking it now to study/cram for exams, it keeps your mind very clear and quite "straight", helped me smash some final work exams last year! lol. - bonus!

No good at our ages to have these issues! Im only 34 and want the same things, run around with my kids, play the sports I like and do my job without worrying about being off for another 3 weeks!

Lyrica (pregabalin) made by the drug lords over at Pfizer

DragonBlu

Carpal surgery was the best mod I did for riding Scott. I put it off for years, but it really was an easy thing. My right hand was literally withering. I had almost lost all grip, now it is built back up and it works well. Good luck!

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

latony007

Thanks, mines been bad for 10 years, but since last riding season it's gotten much worse.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
was the surgery today Scott? wish you the best.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

latony007

Tomorrow and thanks. Will be awesome to be able to ride whenever I want and pain free to boot.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
well then good luck tomorrow and certainly come on and let us know how you are doing as soon as you can.

BKP

Good luck with the surgery, Scott...

Fortunately, that surgery is refined now (different story 10 years ago), and it's got very positive outcomes...

And, if you have to do it, now is definitely the time...

Best of luck, and quick recovery...

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

DragonBlu

It will be sore for a while but do the little hand exercises and it will be good. When I got out of surgery my wife was all like,,,we better get you home. I was like,,lets go get something to eat first. Glad your doing well.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

DakinechicK

Wow! Sorry to hear!

I have something very similar but mine is Thoracic Outlet Syndrome combined with arthritis along my spine. Great… :mad:
It causes some of the same symptoms, numbness and tingling in hands, fingers, elbows, and forearms keeping me from even holding things. I got it from climbing about 12 years ago and learned how to just cope with it the best I could. It's miserable during flare ups…. absolute torture! So I feel for you my friend. I'm so sorry you have to deal with it as well.

I hope your surgery works out! Surgery can't help mine unfortunately and luckily I've done pretty well with it over the last 10 years. Sadly though, over the last few months it's been continuous and I've had to start physical therapy. I go 4 days a week, 2 hours each day and will continue it for 5 months and that's just to get me back to being able to cope with it. Sucks.

Anyway, sorry to hijack your thread. I'm just surprised hearing someone explaining a lot of the same symptoms I suffer from. Never heard of anyone who knows the kind of pain this is. Good luck with your surgeries and I hope you feel better soon!!

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

latony007

Bored out of my mind already and am out for 2-3 months. I've rep whored many on the site, but especially in this thread.
Glad it went well Scott. Try and be Zen and enjoy the time off, just stay away from the brain draining daytime TV lol. Go on google maps and plan out some rides you are going to take as soon as able. Should plan a trip out here too! :)
And um judging from pictures alone i cant believe dakinechick has any ailments of any kind lol.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

latony007

scott you should plan a trip out here, that will give you something to do, i was about to start my taxes, if you get real bored your welcome to that LMAO.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

latony007

Maybe one day I'll be able to do that.
come out to Cali or do my taxes? cause i can send those right away LMAO. Seriously, speedy recovery to you sir.