Finally some change, but....

sammy56

So I finally rotated the risers for the more forward position and I installed flushmount front turn signals. Since I had the more forward position I decided to put the old windscreen on and take off the giant sail of a screen I have had on for over a year now.
I have to say, the body position is still not forward enough for me for long highway stretches. Certainly at 75 mph and lower, it is perfectly fine, but I commute some on the bike and anything over 75 mph still has too strong a windblast for me in the upper body. Leaning forward a bit does indeed relieve it, but the bars are just not positioned enough forward for me for it to be natural.
I am happy too have the giant windscreen off and I will be keeping it off for a while, but I will be looking for a new alternative. Maybe V-Stream will make a screen for us soon!!

I am loving the look of the flushmounts and I still love this bike!! Not sure I desire a more forward lean than I have now....just a slightly larger windscreen.
The helmet noise and buffeting is however much reduced since there is not a direct blast just to the helmet. I am close to perfectly happy (if ever possible), but not quite there.

LB

Attachments

yfz6r

How do you like that seat cusion? And i'm thinking of getting the GIVI topcase rack. Hows it holding up?

Are those decals on the front upper fairing stock? They look really good and I don't remember seeing them on most bikes.

Fizzer6R

dig the butt cushion, looks comfy :thumbup:

sammy56

I like the Airhawk seat cushion. I have had it for over two years now and can't imagine riding without it.
Givi V46 topcase is great and very sturdy and stable.
Decals are stock. I have not removed or added any. Bike is the 2009, so perhaps the decals have changed since then.

sammy56

Rack is good and solid.
Only issue is that I cannot move the seat to the higher setting with where the rack is installed. Probably could with some cutting, but not a big deal.

yfz6r

Thanks. I prefer the seat in low so if that's the only issue, I'm good to go. Going to place an order soon. Looks great on there.

sammy56

After three years of riding (1.5 on FZ6R) I finally rode properly today...or at least well on my way!
Really used my legs for support, had good posture and absolutely no pressure on the hands or wrists. I was practically floating over the seat. I must say, it felt awesome! Forget all I said about needing still an update to the windscreen, correct posture fixed that. Even at 90 mph on the superslab, the wind was no issue. With my body at whatever degree angle it was, was perfect. I"ll be keeping the double bubble on.
As one of the other members here mentioned the other week, I am in love with this bike again!!
Sweepers in the countryside were fantastic...looking forward to my next ride in the GA mountains.