Finally got my an exhaust (TBR/Carbon) - mounting question though??

angelsneverlose

Hey guys,

So i finally got my TBR exhaust (which sounds sick btw, but i might buy a silencer for it, this thing is LOUD... is the p1 or p4 worth it? i think thats what they have)??

also, my question?
when mounting the headers... i got them positioned the best i could and tightened down the new clamps... they seemed to fit flush so i kept tightening until when i couldn't turn them anymore (what i was looking for). Well obviously after looking and not having them get completely tight yet i didn't think, i looked and then and the clamp on the header had stopped moving up and was just crowning/bending... so i back the screws until they were flater... is this right? My headers dont look like they are all the way in, but im used to a car... the bike sounds awesome and doesn't seem to be leaking, but i find it weird that i still have a couple threads on the bolts/studs left, but if i do it more, the gold mounting TBR braket just bends instead of tightening (like making a U around it, lol)

so did i F something up? or does it sound ok, and as long as it doesn't appear to be leaking, even though its got some threads left, its still tight?

sorry if that sounded really confusing...

Last edited:

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, it should be plenty tight. After you ride about 50 miles, go back and make sure everything is still tight and you are good to go. :rockon:

Also, they are loud at first, but you will get used to the sound after a few days. :D I've had mine for over 2000 miles without a silencer, and I LOVE my TBR exhaust!!

angelsneverlose

Yeah, it should be plenty tight. After you ride about 50 miles, go back and make sure everything is still tight and you are good to go. :rockon:

Also, they are loud at first, but you will get used to the sound after a few days. :D I've had mine for over 2000 miles without a silencer, and I LOVE my TBR exhaust!!
ok man, thanks for the info, it sounds like ill get used to it! I think its more of me just not being used to something so loud, especially on the highway crusing @ 80mph... sooo LOUD to me on my first ride!!!:eek:

mfischler

Elite Member

angelsneverlose

TBR has a new silencer - the p1-x which will take it down about 7dbs without a loss of power - got one for mine and it works great. I was a little worried about driving around town and being so loud. It also seems to have increased the backpressure a bit and given back some of the low end torque that went away.
ok, so is it worth it? Thats what i want it for around town/commuting to work, but when im with the guys riding the twisties hard, ill take it out

also, is it still noticeably louder then stock so it will still have a nice sound, just not over bearingly loud? (obviously i still wanna be louder then stock, lol)

thanks

mfischler

Elite Member

arcflash316

whats the silencer look like? any pics? and how much?