Filling up gas tank after auto shutoff

fz6rowner

Soon after the gas tank level hits F-Trip mode i.e. about 0.85 g in reserve, if I let the pump nozzle do the filling then it never dispenses more than 2.5gallons before auto shutoff kicks in. But the tank capacity being 4.57 gallon, how do you fill the last one gallon? Do you lift up the nozzle and slowly fill while frequently checking to see if it is up to the tank filler hole tube?

Last edited:
Yup, you do exactly what you described. Normal procedure for fueling any bike. Add fuel from the left side so that when it's leaned on the side stand you can easily see down into the filler hole.

I usually go full speed until it auto stops, then lift the nozzle so it's just inside the inner round hole and fuel slowly while watching.

You can safely fill it right up to the top; because it's leaned over quite a bit on the side stand, once you stand it upright it won't be quite filled to the brim.

BzB

i'm usually sitting on my bike when filling up so it's already upright. i never put the spout all the way into the tank, usually have it about an inch below the tank ring. pump still cuts off once it fills to the top. i get a little over 3 gallons if i fill up this way after f trip comes on.