fault code problems. Occasional code 12 & recurring code 19

Shadow0fd3ath24

needing help and expertise with fault code 19(Sidestand switch)

I'm trying to get my FZ6R started and it keeps throwing a fault code for Sidestand switch(code 19) and sometimes it does a code 12 for a crankshaft position sensor.

I think the CPS is just a loose connection which i fixed.

For the code 19, I stuck a screwdriver in the switch to isolate it and the engine still tried to turn over. But with the switch hooked up it did too and either way it is working yet the bike is still showing a code 19. THEN i try to clear the code out in diagnostic mode but it still shows 1 code. and i try again yet still nothing. I just don't get it!:mad:

Am I stupid or what? I just want to get this thing running :wtfgun:

Last edited:

Shadow0fd3ath24

Ok so it's just a code 19 now. I still can't figure out why the sensor is doing its job but the bike wont start :(
this is embarrassing....I just graduated from a Motorcycle Tech school and still can't fix it.

Could it possibly be the relay that is activated when the kickstand is up??

Last edited:

xorbe

Google "Yamaha code 19" -- seems like things other than the kickstand switch can trigger it?

The wire might be broken inside, where you can't see. So you might not be bypassing when you think you are.

Last edited:

Shadow0fd3ath24

Ok thanks xorbe. I'll try go ogling it and see what I come up with...
Edit... got it to get rid of code 19, now it has a code 12. Omfg I'm about to light this thing on fire. There's ABSOLUTELY no reason for it to show these codes on a bike with 1017 miles.

Last edited:

xorbe

I would start checking all harness plugs and the like. Is it under warranty? Has this bike been on the ground?

Last edited:

Shadow0fd3ath24

Yes it was wrecked once, it now is stripped of everything for the front fairings, but i have most of those parts. Also no its not under warranty unfortunately. I will be going over everything tomorrow.

dunhill

is the bike cranking and not starting or wont turn over at all ?
if it cranks try with the kick stand down and im pretty sure it wont crank at all

Shadow0fd3ath24

is the bike cranking and not starting or wont turn over at all ?
if it cranks try with the kick stand down and im pretty sure it wont crank at all
Yes it cranks very strong, and tries very hard to Start. put the kickstand down while I'm holding the starter button, it will not start. BUT if i still hold the button and I push the stand up, it tries again just as it should. I don't get it

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Chris6R

I'm telling you out of experience anybody that comes across this thread and this comment in it code 19 can be anything that is designed to make the vehicle not run for safety reasons so it can be your anti-theft not reading properly at your ignition That's going to be the double set of colored wires on mine it's too small blue wires with a orange red and brown separate also being a different gauge I cut my anti-theft spliced them together permanently and that has gotten rid of my code 19 I also should mention I got rid of the side stand relay switch over a year ago because I was running into the same constant 19 code with an occasional 12 and since it's called a side stand relay switch I figured it's just the kickstand so I disconnected the switch entirely and hung it on the bike it still would throw the code until I finally spliced into the anti-theft that you got rid of my code specifically but that f****** 12 is pissing me off I used to have an issue with it and then for a solid 6 months no problem go to crank my bike at a job site about 40 minutes from where I live with the fact that I've gotten no blinkers on the bike because the housing is stuck it put me two hours late from leaving the job site so even if the bike did end up turning on cuz I was working on it I still couldn't have gotten home that night just because each time I drive at night I get pulled over for no license plate light 😄