Fall away test

jlente89

anyone ever heard of this having a slight wobble on bike and found this any know how to perform this on fz6r or rather what to look for ?

Detrich

I think you mean a "tank slap," ie when the handlebars wobble back and forth uncontrollably... ?

If u ride on the street, it's not very common, but it -can happen- depending on road conditions and speeds.

Best way to avoid it is to (a) don't go over any bumpy patches of road and keep the speeds in check, or (b) install a steering dampener.

GPR makes a very affordable one for the FZ6R. I have the GPR v4 on my R6, which I picked up in a group buy off the R6 forum from www.cyclesector.com in San Diego, CA. Was $350 + tax & s/h. And, I love it. I can run over pot holes and squirrels now without skipping a heartbeat. :)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348531521.645507.jpg

BKP

What Detrich said...

I posted the same problem on here recently (although, don't know where). Turned out I had a small piece of newly paved asphalt stuck in a tread, creating an uneven crown on the tire, combined with a slightly bumpy road, and voila... tank slapper...

RoadRunner

Had a front wheel wobble on another bike when it was new.

Inflating tires to high end of range took care of it.

Last edited: