Fairing help/advice needed

Blake_lee12

I've recently purchased a fz6r about two months ago. The fairings have previous damage from the old owner. I've looked around for aftermarket fairing kits and none come in the reddish/copper color. Just trying to get some ideas on what I could do about this.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

On your second image it looks like that black piece just needs to be popped back out and slid-in correctly and long as none of the tabs on the actual fairing are broken it should go back to fitting snug. Hope you got a few hundred off the bike for the damage.

TDL2024

Same thing with my bike; I suck at painting so I'm ordering some gloss black vinyl, enough to do both fairings (although only one is damaged...but I imagine the vinyl won't match the other side's paint). I'm going to try clean/prep, bondo, sand, wrap with vinyl, then order a pair of replacement decals when I can find some that aren't $75/each lol.

I'm thinking (more like hoping) that the wrap is as easy as it looks online...since the fairings aren't super curvy or anything. Just another option for you to think of. Hopefully I'll get to try it myself by next weekend.