Face shield tint

chopper71

This has nothing to do with a bike mod. I just thought I would post what I did with my face shield. Using RIT dye cherry red color. Its like a purple color once I got done dipping it. It still turned out pretty cool looking. Beats paying money to buy a tinted one. In my case I could only find 3 that would work with my helmet. So I tried this and it worked.

xb_guy

That's pretty cool! I may try it with my spare helmet. I actually spent the extra cash when I bought my new helmet (Bell RS-1) for their transitions shield.

chopper71

That's pretty cool! I may try it with my spare helmet. I actually spent the extra cash when I bought my new helmet (Bell RS-1) for their transitions shield.
If you do try and you have scratches on your shield. The dye will show every one and won't stick to them. From what I know the shield has to be anti-fog. Since my shield was in new condition it worked out well for mine. The dye will not stick to where there is no anti-fog. Just wanted you to know this before you try it, good luck if you do try it.

Just boil a big pot of water. Mix in the dye and stir good. Dip the shield for about 10-15 secs then rinse with cold water. Then dip again for same amount of time and rinse. Keep repeating these steps until desired tint is meet. Make sure you take the pot of water off the burner before dipping the shield.

buzzbomb

Elite Member

mike

That looks pretty good man. Thanks for the info i never would have thought you can dye a shield.. Wonder if it would come out as good with blue dye?

chopper71

You are now looking at the world through a rose colored face shield. I actually had glasses colored that way, back in the day. Yes, I'm heterosexual, Yes they were cool.

Looking at the world through rose colored glasses? I've got some serious ouch from that. That's another story, lol.
LOL it does turn the world into another color.