F/S or Trade: '09 Raven FZ6-R- $4500

rr_double_rr

F/S or Trade: '09 Raven FZ6-R- $4500
Ok, this is a tester, and dependent on offers and interest I will actually go through with it. I am looking to possibly sell my 09 Raven FZ6-R. It is a great bike, the fuel efficiency is great, it handles well for a sport-tourer, and is good and comfortable.

Paint was freshly done at OTC last winter, and bears the OTC logo on both side fairings. Hand painted on there, not vinyl.

Mods include;
1) Proton flush mount LED turn signals
2) OEM Paint blacked out windscreen
3) Shogun no cut frame sliders
4) Bar end mirrors
5) B2 Fender eliminator
6) LED Integrated tail light
7) Pirelli Angel tires with approx 1k miles on them.
8) Ported exhaust, after the cat, to increase the volume a little

I still have all OEM gear, but due to wire cuts on the lights, they may not be able to be used again. I do have the OEM tail, OEM turn signals, and OEM mirrors. They are included with sale as it will do me no good once the bike is gone.

This bike is in great shape, but has been down twice, once by me and once by the previous owner. These were both low speed impacts, theirs was a stop sign, mine was a stop light. The only damage was cosmetic, and if you ask Lorne, it fixed right back up. Looking at it now, you'd never know it. Mechanically the bike is awesome, I am doing another oil change on it this weekend. This bike is great for long trips as both seats have plenty of padding, and a very comfortable sitting position.

The reason I am selling or trading is merely because I want something a little sportier. I have always liked the sports and supersports, but was afraid to buy one as a first bike. I am now in the market for either a CBR or Yammi R- series. If you would like to trade an appropriately valued bike in that segment, I will more than certainly do that.

I am asking $4500 for it, cash. I bought it for $5200 and with all the work I have put into it think that it is worth $4500 without flinching. I have title in hand, and other than not being familiar with the process, can do the paperwork when the buyer is ready.

PM with serious offers and inquiries only, please. As an alternate, use my email; rr.dubble.rr at gmail dot com. Pictures can be seen with the link below to when she was painted.

http://www.georgiasportbike.com/show...-all-dolled-up.

If the link requires a login, I would encourage you to create one, and join our site as well. Lots going on in there.

CrazyCawi

Pictures need to be posted here as per forum rules. GLWS

rr_double_rr

I will try and post those to this thread when I get home. The problem is that I'm at work and pictures are hard to sneak through here. I can see the forums just fine, I just can't see or make any attachments other than links.

Sorry about not abiding by it in the original post, hopefully ya'll can forgive this one slip. :surrender:

MiltonDorkenhoff

Search, THEN post.
Elite Member
Last edited:

rr_double_rr

Weird. Go to Georgia Sportbike Forums and do a search for "Lori all dolled up" and I will do my best to get pics posted in this thread when I get home, Cautious. I'm not avoiding it, that thread I'm linking to was posted months ago before I was locked out at work, and figured it would be an easy way to do it on here.

There should be two search results with that input, it's the first one, meaning the oldest. Obviously, the one thread is me trying to sell it on that forum as well.

Thanks.

FZ1inNH

Super Moderator
Sorry rr but links to outside pictures do not count plus these require an account creation and login to both view and search that site. Please post all the pics here to keep the sale thread up. Thanks for your understanding. :D

rr_double_rr

Sorry about all the confusion and apparent pain. I found a way to backdoor it.

Hopefully these are able to be seen.

CrazyCawi

thats beautiful! GLWS Bro

rr_double_rr

Not drawing any questions or interest, so this is closed for the time being. If anyone getting these updates knows of any inexpensive and reasonably loud slip on exhausts to fit our bike, please let me know. Thanks.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

rr_double_rr

Yessir, yes you did. I went to the garage last night, all excited about drawing up plans for this mod, plus doing my oil change I wasn't able to this past weekend, and wouldn't you know it I had misremembered (Bush-ism) the configuration of the header pipes.

I have a friend here in GA that is giving me a slip on from his old R6, but now I need the headers, too. I've searched for the last few months and can't find the right ones.

I may look at cutting the can off, welding in a midpipe that has been flared to fit the outside of our input to the can, and then run the slip in off that. The alternative is to use the R6 headers, extend it's stock midpipe, and drop the slip on there.

If anyone knows which R6 headers fit our bike without question, I am all ears.

I'm sorry Marthy, I did scour that thread of yours about the exhaust and I do applaud you for your effort and results. The website looks amazing. I just don't have the cash to drop on it right now. We are in the final stages of negotiating on a house, and with an apartment lease that doesn't run out until February things are going to be tight. Liveable, just won't have the coin to drop on a pre-fabbed solution. Plus, I like the fun and satisfaction of working through it myself. I'm sure you understand.

rr_double_rr

Woot! Found a set of headers on my other boards.

Materials cost: $75 total, including can and pipes.

Labor: Unknown but estimating 2 6 packs.

Welding, heat painting, and final clean up: Probably another $75 or so since I know a few guys with welders, and am going to use the high heat matte Krylon paint myself.

So for about $150 I will have a totally new exhaust. Next purchase is JuiceBox or PC, and a Mack dumptruck air horn.

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

rr_double_rr

I'll probably fab a bracket off the frame or something, hide it up under the fairings.

Hmm, where to find an annoyingly loud horn...