Question Exhaust

Just_Jim

With the center stand on your bike, you are pretty much limited to the stock exhaust.

alaskanflyboy

Premium Member
Hey Marcis438, I was the OP of the previous discussion alaskanflyboy referenced in his reply. Eventually Leo Vince did confirm that their full underbody exhaust fits with the OEM center stand, which is what I have on my bike, so a couple months ago I bit the bullet and bought the Leo Vince system through SoloMoto. It fits beautifully and sounds AWESOME. But, inexpensive it is not. Paid a bit over $800 for the exhaust, installed it myself, but then felt a need to get it dyno tuned. The wife wasn't exactly thrilled with the cost, but man, that bike is so much fun to ride! Welcome to the forum and best wishes finding an exhaust that works for you.

vcdstroyr

I put on an R6 header and then just a muffler tip. It was loud. I lost some power on the low end. The power was there on the top but I mostly use my bike for commuting. I spent 60 bucks on the header and 10 bucks on the tip. I didn't have a fuel controller so that probably was not a good idea.

Learn from me...save your money and do it right. Get a decent exhaust and a fuel controller.

I ended up throwing away my crappy exhaust mod and went back to stock.

I might eventually go to a muffler shop and have them cut the stock muffler and weld a slip on to it.

vcdstroyr, great point on the fuel controller. I forgot to mention in my previous post that installation of a Power Commander was done before they did the dyno tuning. Really nice improvement.

AyGuido

I installed a Delkelvic because of the reviews and price. Got the carbon fiber shorty. It looks awesome and sounds great. I do like the sound of two brothers or leo Vance but for the price you can't beat Delkelvic. You absolutely need a fuel controller too. I installed both myself, it was pretty easy. Remember "loud pipes save lives". Tried to attach files but wouldn't let me upload. Keeps telling me that it's too large but it's only a screenshot. Sorry.