Exhaust idea?

monkie

So after countless hours of reading and racking my brain and reading more, I still have a question about this. I understand why just throwing on an exhaust "hurts" the bike. What if i add a baffle or dbkiller(baffle) to say... 2inch exhaust and add a small cat in the middle. Do yall foresee any issuse with that. Or is it still going to run badly???

aburnett

Are you doing all of this with the stock exhaust or buying headers and doing this?

monkie

It would be with stock headers. Im pretty sure i can fab and weld collectors and make it work. Just dont want it to mess up my bike.

BustedKnuckle

It would be with stock headers. Im pretty sure i can fab and weld collectors and make it work. Just dont want it to mess up my bike.
I have been trying to work out a way to get rid of the stock exhaust without dropping such serious coin also . I had been under the impression that you could cut the exhaust from the cat back, leave the stock headers and weld on a slip on without issues to the engine, although it's always a good idea to run a PC you can get away without it.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

monkie

Thanks for the feedback fellas. Thats what certain things are for me "down the road". I do like the diy exhast Marthy offers but I also find gratification in doing things like this on my own. If i decided to go this route, I will post up my progress.

ksk operator 1

my power commander is fully installed. After a day of searching for a t-tap connector.

it felt great to get the unit fully installed and ready for Marthy!

:cheer: