Exhaust diameter

fz6 r

Hi all, I'm looking to change my stock exhaust with a slip-on, what is the diameter/bore of the FZ6R exhaust? Would a 60MM with a length of 450MM work?

Thanks in advance!

fz6 r

Is it true that you can't put a slip-on on the FZ6R and that you have to do the full exhaust including headers?

arocholl

Search is your friend but I'll answer anyways.

You could cut the stock exhaust after the collector where it meets the muffler/cat and weld on a section for a slip on.

That would be the only real way. You can also modify older R6 headers to fit but that also requires welding an extension as well.

-Uncle Al

fz6 r

Thanks arocholl. I did search but just wanted a definite answer from an expert on this forum. I'm glad it is at least possible, thanks again!

arocholl

I've never measured it as I replaced mine with a Two Brothers full exhaust. Just speculating but I would think the pipe diameter could depend on where you cut the collector.

Someone who done that could better answer that question. I know the limit of my metal fabrication and welding skills.

-Uncle Al

fz6 r

Thanks Arocholl ! Hopefully someone will see this post and reply. I'll carry on researching on the web.

ptmxtwo

RE:

did your twoBros setup build with cats and a treaded sensor hole?
---------------------------------------------
I've never measured it as I replaced mine with a Two Brothers full exhaust. Just speculating but I would think the pipe diameter could depend on where you cut the collector.

Someone who done that could better answer that question. I know the limit of my metal fabrication and welding skills.

-Uncle Al

Last edited:

Prelusive

I installed MJS Headers with my slipon which has a 2 inch or 51mm outlet/inlet. As for putting a slipon on the stock exhaust you would have to do something similar to marthys exhaust solution