Exhaust Advise NEEDED, TBR, Leo Vince, M4?

BlurpleFZ600R

Hi im new to the threads here, just bought my new 2017 FZ6R in december and one things for sure yamaha said $%&# the exhaust when making this bike. Ive been looking around for a new full exhaust setup cash isnt an issue, i just want to the right exhaust the first time. Ive looked at almost every fz6r related video for sound quality but i just dont think i like the TBR. Im pushing more towards the leo vince ie. "my buddy has an fz6 2005 with dual leos out the tail" but it is a different bike. So if anyone has some good strong feelings to that certain deep low loud high piched exhaust note....lemme kno plz and thank you :) :D
P.S. was really hoping to hear advise from someone with a LeoVince on their bike.

Last edited:

Chris12

Hi im new to the threads here, just bought my new 2017 FZ6R in december and one things for sure yamaha said $%&# the exhaust when making this bike. Ive been looking around for a new full exhaust setup cash isnt an issue, i just want to the right exhaust the first time. Ive looked at almost every fz6r related video for sound quality but i just dont think i like the TBR. Im pushing more towards the leo vince ie. "my buddy has an fz6 2005 with dual leos out the tail" but it is a different bike. So if anyone has some good strong feelings to that certain deep low loud high piched exhaust note....lemme kno plz and thank you :) :D
P.S. was really hoping to hear advise from someone with a LeoVince on their bike.
I went with the Two Brothers Exhaust with Marthy's exhaust as the runner up. (Marthy's exhaust was unavailable at the time of my purchase.)

I chose TBR for three reasons:

1. Sound level/volume adjustability.

Before I made my purchase I was worried about the exhaust being loud and obnoxious. I took comfort in knowing that if the TBR ended up being too loud, I could just buy a quieter tip.

Oddly enough, after growing accustomed to the sound (which I perceived as loud at first), I removed the factory tip/baffle to make it louder. I did this because I wanted to be more noticeable and because I liked the sound.

I was thankful to have the sound volume adjustability because in retrospect I didn't know what I would like before my purchase, and I likely would have been uncomfortable with the unbaffled TBR sound at first.

2. I felt that the TBR looked the best, and I knew that with thebcarbon fiber option, the TBR would be the lightest.

3. Availability. I found the TBR systems to be the most readily available and at competitive prices.

I was actually able to find a slightly used system on eBay at a discount, which made it the cheapest option available to me at the time too.
---------

Make sure you check out the Marthy exhaust thread before you make your purchase, I think he's getting ready to make a batch of his exhausts and they will come with his custom power Commander V tune.

Let us know what you end up with, and good luck with your purchase!

Last edited:

BlurpleFZ600R

As you have stated I love how the TBR avalability is everywhere, but theres such a variety i dont kno the difference in say a m2 aluminum, titanium, CF, vs the Black series. I did read a post somewhere stating that you can get them cheeper from a store in Florida called TWO BROTHERS 005-2570106V-B BLACK AL FULL EXHAUST SYSTEM FZ6R FZ-6R 09-15 - biohazard cycles inc

I can get a full Black series aluminum for $758.00 :steve: which is the cheepest i found anywhere...still debating on LeoVince tho...:confused:

streadyclownin2

I went with the M4 and i will tell you it is loud and you will def be heard. Allegedly you can get a baffle but i was told it was sold separately and i didnt look in to in because i was happy with the sound with out it. It is very barrable at city speeds but if you open her up she screams and i mean screams!:thumbup: I also went with a PCV and block off plates but the pops were nice until i got around to getting them. The PCV help tremendously with throttle response but I rode without it for a few months just fine.

i got mine for about 750 HERE

Last edited:

Big Ben

I also went with the TBR and also removed the baffle after awhile. The bike now sounds like a 1,000cc sportbike. Love that sound but it is loud and obnoxious.

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

bQQm

So here is my advice. After a lot of research i found i was on a budget, i fitted a delkevic ss70 slip on and an 06 r6 header on my 09 6r with no issues, beside maybe some slight bending, it wasnt a perfect fit but it sounded great! Marthy's exhause it one of the best ways to go! However i have a full slip on leo vince without baffles on my ducati, again i was on a budget, i got a used system and referbished it. The customer servicd at leo vince is second to none, they shipped me the parts i needed no questions asked. And i love the exhaust. It all boils down to preferance especialy if price isnt an issue. I my self didnt have any luck with tbr's customer service but im not here to bash.
Thanks for that! I was thinking of buying these r6 headers but was so worried from all the posts ive read only fitting pre 05 headers. I was going to buy these and get them bent (not sure how much that is going to cost though)

Stainless Exhaust Downpipe Header Down Pipes For YAMAHA YZF R6 2006-2012 | eBay

I love the shine on these ones, hopefully they look the same in person.

Otherwise I was going to get the blackwidow. I'm just trying to save as much money as I can. I have a no name brand carbon fibre slip on so ill save a bit there as well.

The only thing im worried about is the bending...