Evotech Tail Tidy FE- Newest Fan!

engine47

After a lot of research and a half-failed attempt at making my own FE (it worked but was very flimsy- don't try making it with the 1'x1' square "weldable steel" from Home Depot, lol), I finally opted to go with the Evotech "Tail Tidy" Fender Eliminator. It was exactly 1 week from the day I ordered it to the day I received it. Not too bad considering it came from overseas.

Install was a breeze, thanks to already having taken the fender apart from FE round 1, and from all the reference I found on this website :)

The Evotech comes with a single led plate light that sits in a cylinder-shaped housing in the center above the plate. That was the only thing that I did not really like about the kit, so I ordered a Custom Dynamics black license plate frame with integrated leds across the top. The led housing on that is so compact you don't even know it's there. Definitely cleans it up even more. Also a plus, the light on the Evotech is removable.

I also managed to mount the license plate without having the tabs on the license plate brackets sticking out the sides.

One tip for the Evotech kit (or any kit that uses spacers between the FE and the bike frame). If you are installing it yourself, one difficult task was to hold the FE up under the bike and pass the bolts through from the top, while keeping the included spacers lined up. An easy way to hold the spacers in place on the top of the FE is to use a little chap stick, or something along those lines. My dad always used to keep a jar of Vaseline in the garage for stuff like this. I found that chap stick is cleaner :)

If your looking to clean up the rear end of the bike but still keep a factory look, The Evotech is definitely the way to go in my opinion.

Attachments

geko

+1 on the Evotech Tail Tidy, I've fitted these to two XJ6 Diversions - it's a good quality kit and improves look of the the rear no end.