Engine Stand/Jack??

cbzdel

If we wanted to remove our front shocks how would be go about doing it?? Could we use an engine stand/jack?? We would remove the the Faring but would we have to remove the exhaust as well..

I am ready to paint my forks, but want to remove them first to take acurate measurments of them for future fork upgrades down the road...

spacemonkey

if you want the measurements they should be in the service manual...
its too much to put down but its on page 2-10 if you dont have the book ill scan you a copy of the page.

Fastprof

The exhaust won't withstand the full weight of the bike, so I wouldn't use a jack. There are two brackets on the bottom of the frame from the center stand on the UK model that you might be able to use if you rig up some 2x4 to form a cradle, but I don't know if I would trust that to be stable. Another shady tree mechanic trick is to hang the front of the frame to a sturdy roof beam with a comealong and chain.

Best bet, IMHO, use a front stand that is designed to support the front through the steering head spindle. You can then remove the forks safely.

cbzdel

My uncle has a auto lift in his garage.. I am thinking about getting a web strap and run it thought the handlebars in the little area at the risers then attach it to the lift and lift it up, it should hold for 24 hours with no problem right??

I have been reading alot of Harley write ups on fork painting and the painting part looks simple but I jsut cant figure out how to get the bike off the ground haha!

Sara'sFZ6R

Center stand

...does anyone know if a center stand for our bikes is available? can we use the 04-07 FZ6 stand or possibly the one from the euro model of our bikes?

Sara