Engine Oil for AUS Riders

474kz

Hello all,

This is mainly aimed at riders in AUS coz we don't appear to get the really nice Amsoil range of engine oil here. So what oil do you guys use for your engines here in Oz and where do you normally buy it from?

Atm, Im contemplating getting either Motul 7100 10w40 or Penrite MC4ST 10w40.... Im in Brisbane so think the 10w40 blend is about right for the temperature range, but correct me if Im wrong? If anyone has used either I'd love to hear what your experience is with them. I know some of you use the 5100 variety and know that's good - is the full synthetic 7100 worth the price - is there an actual difference?

Thanks for any info provided.

Cheers

Bert-Aus

All things considered, as long as the oil is reccomended for 4 stroke motorcycle use it is fine.

The FZ6R/ XJ6 is not a highly tuned SS and is pretty well built. Stick to the maintenance times setout in the manual & she will last beyond your interest in her. There are a number of members on here with bikes up above 50k miles (80k km's) & without any major issues.

In Ozstrayan conditions I have thought of using oils rated to 20-50W purely due to high summer temps. But am still yet to have bothered...

Either way enjoy your ride

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2

FastFreddy

I've been using the Motul 5100 10W40.
Mainly because its the only thing available for motorbikes in a 4L container and even then its $50-57.

I tried the 10W50 and it didn't feel right for the engine.

474kz

I've been using the Motul 5100 10W40.
Mainly because its the only thing available for motorbikes in a 4L container and even then its $50-57.

I tried the 10W50 and it didn't feel right for the engine.

Thanks for the info Freddy. Have to agree - seems almost impossible to get some really nice stuff here in OZ. I'll try the Penrite MC4ST 10w40 fully synthetic this time (my oil change is due in a month and a bit) and I'll post any results I find every few 1000 kms. I can get it from Autobarn for $65ish, the Motul 7100 appears to be close to $90 from Teammoto, which is rather too expensive.