Engine bolt - socket??

Roaddawg

I gotta say that if you have to post this question on the forum....:surrender: Maybe you shouldn't be operating a socket wrench :D :D Just saying....

Roaddawg

Sorry, I guess its sometime hard to convey sarcastic humor in a written posting...I was just messing with you. BTW, I just realized this was your first post....welcome to the forum. I tend to joke around sometimes.

Maybe you could be a little more specific with what bolt your talking about. There are many different size bolts in question. Also, try looking through the tool kit under your rear seat. Most all the tools you'd need for regular maintenance are there. i.e., oil changes, spark plug changes, chain tightening, shock adjustment....

bmw675

Sorry, I guess its sometime hard to convey sarcastic humor in a written posting...I was just messing with you. BTW, I just realized this was your first post....welcome to the forum. I tend to joke around sometimes.

Maybe you could be a little more specific with what bolt your talking about. There are many different size bolts in question. Also, try looking through the tool kit under your rear seat. Most all the tools you'd need for regular maintenance are there. i.e., oil changes, spark plug changes, chain tightening, shock adjustment....
there ya go scaring a new one off :rolleyes: <----sarcastic.

which bolt are you exactly looking at? what are you trying to do?

FitZ6R

Don't worry about the crusty old-timers. Some of them have been around for as long as a year or two, and they've seen it all and know everything. ( :D :D :D all around, mmmkay?)

Anyway, I'm guessing you're installing sliders, in which case an 8 mm hex bit socket is probably what you're looking for. I'd suggest getting a set like this: http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00934448000P. Sure beats the old twisting-hex-keys-with-vise-grips trick.