Enchanted Rock, TX trip

Bartholomew

In the past my wife and I rode cruisers. We would travel long distances to find fun roads like in Colorado or the Texas Hill Country. We live in the Dallas/Fort Worth area and there are not many fun roads around here. A few, but not many. Driving to and from these fun roads on my motorcycle has become very boring to me, so I decided to make a change. My wife and I bought two sport bikes and have decided to trailer the bikes to the fun places. I know that some of you believe that hauling bikes instead of riding them is a sin, but doing this will be easier for us. Also, we can take our bikes for other types of vacations. We normally go to New Mexico and stay in a cabin for a week in the summer. We take rifles and ammo, hiking gear and a lot of other stuff when we go to this cabin. So, to haul all of our stuff we go in a cage. Well, now we can take our bikes too! We can spend a few of the days riding our motorcycles in the mountains around Taos and Red River instead of hiking everyday! I am looking forward to it next summer!
This weekend trip that we just took was for a gathering of my wife's family. I decide that it would be a good trip to test out my trailer and see how it will tow and how the bikes will ride on it. Well, everything worked out great! The trailer towed smoothly and the bikes rode well and secure on it. We only towed the bikes around 200 miles to a hotel on Friday. We then unloaded the bikes and rode them Saturday morning to the family gathering which took place in Enchanted Rock and Llano, TX. A 90 mile ride one way. We had a blast! Testing out the trailer and riding the bikes, made visiting the in-laws a bit more pleasant! Here are a few pictures of our fun.

Y

yellowfz

Nice country in that area of Texas , they say there is Gold in them there hills . We have hunted Topaz in that region , got one little piece .
"Dallas/Fort Worth area and there are not many fun roads around here" , you got that right , we head out a lot just taking any back road we find and try to stay away from the main roads as much as we can , some can turn into gravel or be rather rough , still fun though .

Bartholomew

Nice country in that area of Texas , they say there is Gold in them there hills . We have hunted Topaz in that region , got one little piece .
"Dallas/Fort Worth area and there are not many fun roads around here" , you got that right , we head out a lot just taking any back road we find and try to stay away from the main roads as much as we can , some can turn into gravel or be rather rough , still fun though .
There are a few fun roads well west and south west of Fort Worth and some well east of Dallas, but your right, there is nothing much close to the "Metro-mess".