Electrical craziness.

dthomp87

Unfortunately my bike that I'm repairing (was stolen and crashed). Will not start after replacing the broken relays that I thought was keeping it from starting. The starter doesn't get power.

just replaced a few relays that were smashed in the wreck (perhaps they shorted out the something during the crash?)

I've noticed no neutral light comes on. Is this bike lacking a neutral light or is something wrong with my neutral sensor

Thanks!

Last edited:

dthomp87

Ok so it's definitely the neutral issue. I'm not really sure how the neutral sensor works.. What should I test?

Thanks

Gwai lo 2.0

Ok so it's definitely the neutral issue. I'm not really sure how the neutral sensor works.. What should I test?

Thanks
There's not much that can go bad on the neutral switch even in a crash. I think you should check all the connections on the wiring harness first, a connector might have got loss and you can't really tell.

were you trying to start the bike with the stand down? try starting it with the stand up and clutch in...

dthomp87

Yes the bike starts fine with the kick stand up. followed what I think is the neutral safety switch wires leads connected into the harness jumble and I'm not sure where to go from there. The switch is in the top of the transmission with 3 wires correct?