Electrical connector by the clutch cable?

DocFZ

(I meant by clutch lever) I had gotten my 600 mile service done at the dealer and upon picking it up I noticed the two prong connector right under the clutch lever was unplugged. I know I didnt do it but I was wondering wut it was for. I plugged it in and tried to start out of neutral yadda yadda and also with it unplugged. Doesnt change. Tho there is a plunger that gets pushed when you release the clutch. Any Ideas?

thanks

CDN6R

With this plug (plugged in) you can start the bike in gear with the clutch lever pulled in. If it is un-plugged the bike will only start in neutral and the starter will not engage with the bike in gear.

DocFZ

With this plug (plugged in) you can start the bike in gear with the clutch lever pulled in. If it is un-plugged the bike will only start in neutral and the starter will not engage with the bike in gear.
Lol I Just tried it. The reason in didnt work for me at first was cuz I had the kickstand down duuuuur. Lol thanks!!

Sage

I'm so glad I saw this cuz I wondered why it wouldn't start in gear like my vstar did, now i know! Just went out and plugged that sucker in.

CDN6R

I'm so glad I saw this cuz I wondered why it wouldn't start in gear like my vstar did, now i know! Just went out and plugged that sucker in.
Yeah the same thing happened to me when I first got the bike. It would start in neutral but not in gear,found the wire by the clutch not plugged in. The next day I mentioned it to the dealer and mentioned "so much for the Pre Delivery Inspection!" .;)