Economy Map

mische42

OK, I am still learning this map stuff, and dont have a ton of miles on my TBR w/ JB pro yet, so take it for what its worth.

LOVING the new power...hating the new gas mileage...the perverbial trade-off.

I rode my bike for two tanks of gas with the TBR full exhaust w/o the JB Pro (hadnt arrived yet) and got the best mileage I had seen. Avg'd 49-50 stock, went up to 51-52 with TBR installed and no JB Pro. Put on the JB Pro, and of course rode fairly hard while experimenting back and forth between Marthy's REV A sport and the TBR map. Dropped to 36 MPG. I rode Marthy's touring Rev A for a tank, normal riding, and only jumped back up to 39 MPG.

So I have been thinking....I want to run a little richer than stock, which is a good idea with more air flow. I want good gas mileage for commuting, even if it means slightly reduced performance. So what I did is took the TBR map and essentially cut all the values in half. (ex. if original value was 1-2 then 1, 3-4 = 2, 5-6 = 3, etc.) Anything above 19 got 10, so the highest add is 10%. Also, in the very low RPM range at high RPM, the TBR map actually removes fuel (neg values). This tells me that the stock fuel map is too rich in this region. regardless, I left all zeros and neg values as they were. The result, the Mische_Custom_1 map.

Now for the bad news...I am heading out for a 60 day "vacation" in beautiful Afgahnistan, so I wont get a chance to test it until I get home. So unless someone else tests it, you all will have to wait for the results. If someone else gets a chance, let me know how it works out.

There are two files in the .zip. This first is the TBR map in JB Pro format (.dvm). The second is just microsoft excel for those of you with PCs that may want to try it out.

PS. IMHO you cannot beat marthy's Rev A with the TBR exhaust for pure performance, and that will still be my map of choice when I need some adreniline rush on the weekend and dont care about economy!!!

Attachments

Last edited:

mische42

Afterthought on my logic if its not obvious: This should be a happy medium....not quite the kick in the pants of the optimized performance map from TBR (or Marthy), but still adds a small amount of additional fuel so the bike isnt running quite as lean with the added airflow of an aftermarket exhaust.

Should work for those of your with other custom aftermarket exhausts too, they are all essentially free flow now and in reality probably not all that different from eachother from a fuel/air mixture perspective.

owldaddy

Be safe while vacationing, to bad they don't have any oceanfront beaches to lay out on.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

6R Blackout

"Vacation"

Well I have a reg JB not the pro so I cant help you with that but I can say this " Thank you for what you are doing and be safe and will be looking for your post when you arrive home safely and once again Thank you for your service" as far as vacation lets hope its a good one. :america:

mische42

Thanks guys...Stabil is already in the tank, battery topped off, and up on the rack. Already counting the days. good news is that there is internet everywhere in the world, so while I wont be riding for a while, I can still keep up with you all. And marthy, I may have been a little premature on the mileage estimate. There may be a chance that I am still not riding as conservative as I was before the exhaust and JB Pro....ha ha. I took the wife out for one last ride yesterday, still riding rev A touring, and got 45 MPG. Guess I am still not quite back to my usual conservative riding on a daily basis like I thought I was. That sweet sound and extra power tends to have that effect!