E15 is coming (Ethanol 15%). Need your support to kill it.

BKP

Most of you know some of the problems 10% ethanol causes to engines, tanks, and performance. It absorbs more water, causes rust, inhibits combustion, and basically sucks...

The EPA (you know... that agency that sent home 95% of its employees during the shutdown, and no one noticed) wants to allow 15% ethanol, now!!

Most bike manufacturers say that's an absolute no-no in our bikes.
The EPA says both 10% and 15% will be available (however, that's what they said when 10% was introduced, about 0% and 5%).

There's a bi-partisan effort (believe it or not) to kill introduction of 15% ethanol.
It's being introduced as H.R. 1462, the RFS Reform Act of 2013.

Find out, *and make sure* your Representatives are supporting this!!!

latony007

Most of you know some of the problems 10% ethanol causes to engines, tanks, and performance. It absorbs more water, causes rust, inhibits combustion, and basically sucks...

The EPA (you know... that agency that sent home 95% of its employees during the shutdown, and no one noticed) wants to allow 15% ethanol, now!!

Most bike manufacturers say that's an absolute no-no in our bikes.
The EPA says both 10% and 15% will be available (however, that's what they said when 10% was introduced, about 0% and 5%).

There's a bi-partisan effort (believe it or not) to kill introduction of 15% ethanol.
It's being introduced as H.R. 1462, the RFS Reform Act of 2013.

Find out, *and make sure* your Representatives are supporting this!!!
Doesn't ethanol actually use as much fossile fuel to create it as you save by not burning gasoline? Solar is the only way to go quit wasting time and start investing in it. The sun puts out more energy in 1 second than has been used by all humankind. Of course you can't put a meter on the sun so i doubt we will see it any time soon.

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

BKP

Doesn't ethanol actually use as much fossile fuel to create it as you save by not burning gasoline? Solar is the only way to go quit wasting time and start investing in it. The sun puts out more energy in 1 second than has been used by all humankind. Of course you can't put a meter on the sun so i doubt we will see it any time soon.
Perhaps... but where would you mount the solar voltaic cells on your bike?

Riccochet

This country is going to hell. Ethanol is a no-no in every internal combustion engine beside automotive engines. And even they need to be specifically designed for it.

I know a lot of people that tune their drag cars for E85, but only because it's 100 octane and cheaper than race fuel.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member
Y

yellowfz

On a related note, are there diesel motorcycles? Googling really only gets me the Ducati.
Go to Youtube, you will see all kinds there, production, DIY builds, Track is the one that caught my eye.
There are some sick looking bikes there. Never mind on the Track seems they are out of business, to bad.

As for the E15 Big Oil is in the fray now and suing the EPA in an attempt to stop its implementation, the EPA is back peddling as of late, I think it will be killed off (E15) hopefully.

Last edited by a moderator:

roundhouse

the corn lobby is very powerful. it is a whole lot less about the environment than it is about $$$ in farmers pockets. unfortunately jim bob a local small time farmer does not get much, the lion's share goes big powerful corporate farms, stockholders ect.

lwclancers

Where?

There is a Liberty (former Chevron) on 7/81 interchange (by 5 guys), about 4 miles from my house that is ethanol free. I rarely go there cause its a few mins out of the way, but will likely go there if E85 does come here.

sponsored by a VA rep and has four other Va reps as cosponsors... VA is covered.

Sadly, this was introduced into the house in April, not getting much momentum. Last I heard, this was a done deal, E15 is coming... I'm just lucky to have found a couple of stations that offer Ethanol free fuel (even though they only offer it in 87 octane, runs well in all my vehicles).

Last edited:

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

latony007

Perhaps... but where would you mount the solar voltaic cells on your bike?
Hey fellow diver, I dove the speigel grove as well. Also the cenotes in cancun and the YO in hawaii. Anyway if they invest in solar technology the cells will be as big as a quarter, or just make the fairings out of solar cells :)

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

ylwf3vr

I may have missed it.. but what does the Ethanol do to the bikes?

latony007

I may have missed it.. but what does the Ethanol do to the bikes?
well greg said..
Thank god since E10 already cause spark plug, Injector, Fuel pump and other fuel system problems on my blazer... Since I switched to NonOx, never anymore problems and runs better and get 3-4 mpg more. So when consider blazer was about 16-17 and now I get 20-21 mpg it is worth it.

I don't even know if we have ethanol around here. I don't pay a ton of attention at the pump just reach for the 91 (when im on my bike anyway)