Drive-In Movie Night

gearhead

Not sure how many of you have kids, but wifey and I just hosted an "Autobody and Drive-in Movie Night". We had our kids deliver invitations to the neighborhood kids (and parents) instructing them to bring a large cardboard box to turn into a car; this was the "Autobody" phase. If you know kids, they sprang into this project like a monkey on a trampoline. They had use of water-based paint, paper plates (for wheels), tape, markers, etc. When it was over, we had one kid bring a very large water heater box and transform it into a large figgin' tank. This required several boxes and an 8' cardboard tube for the gun (yeah, it was BIG!), but was too cool! That was, until his sister painted pink globs all over it (LOL!) For the "Drive-In Movie", we showed the movie "Up" and had snacks (mostly popcorn). It was a great time, especially now that it is too cold and wet to go outside. After it was over, the kids were planning another one, so this had to be a hit.

Just a suggestion for all you parents out there looking to entertain the young-ins for the next 2 weeks.

Happy holidays!

cbzdel

nice idea!

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
SWEET!!

I want a tank too Mommy! :p

That is a great idea. My wife and I don't have any kids, and our neighborhood is pretty much a retirement community...except for the 3 kids next door. Maybe we could do a "pimp my walker" and a movie night. :rof: Of course, we would have to be mindful of the snacks...nothing too sweet (for the diabetics) and nothing that requires teeth and extensive chewing. :D

gearhead

Too Funny!