Dragon in July - Trailer Pool from Ontario???

Bigevildoer

Hiya....

Heading down to the Tail of the Dragon somewhere in the middle 2 weeks of July. Plan on making it a 5 day round trip (Down 1 day, ride 3, back 1 day).

Anyone interesting in tagging along? We can split travel costs to make it reasonable. I have a small pickup truck that could trailer 2 bikes easily - would put them in the bed, but then there's no room for gear etc (not extended cab).
Don't have a trailer, so if you've got one - great. Otherwise a rental would be good - about $100 from Uhaul.

Live in Kitchener-Waterloo (100km West of Toronto, 185 miles to Detroit, 100 to Buffalo) - very central Southern Ontario.

Fire me an email directly (bigevildoer at yahoo dot ca) if you're potentially interested. The more the merrier!!!!

Hope to hear from you soon!

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Sage

im going that way sometime in july, idk if ill be goin to the dragon again and/or have the biek with me but it's a blast, have fun and be careful when your there :)

sammy56

Don't get me wrong, the Dragon is a blast and I have been there a couple of times, but in July???? Crowded and hot!! Maybe not too hot early in the am.
You are so close to Vermont (6 hours). Those roads are awesome and cooler temps! Vermont, down New Hampshire...into Maine...just fantastic riding. I am more tempted to ride up there in July (probably 18 hours for me) and I live only a few hours from the Dragon.

LB

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

sammy56

When is the best time of the year to do the Dragon? I was looking into it last weekend. I have a lot on my plate... but I'm trying to plan a long weekend road trip later on this year. Georgia sounds good too... any good twisties in Ga? I need to get out of Florida... bored to go in a straith line... :(
From my perspective it is between Labor day weekend and Halloween. Labor day weekend is a blast up there and crowded yes, but still fun. Still have the extra hour of sun through the end of October and nice cool temps so for those that wear full leathers...comfy.
I just wear overpants or kevlar jeans (with knee pads) and a mesh jacket, but there are plenty of leather cladded riders testing their limits much more than me on the road. Plenty of cops though always looking to collect some "toll" money if they catch you speeding (limit is 35 mph). Cherohala Skyway is my preferred road up there, nice curves and a speed lmit of 55mph. Few cops and not a traffic stop for about 50 miles...truly awesome!