Drag Strip Results are in!

Apbowler

Well, as said in my last thread, I was hoping to hit 110MPH, per a bet against my dad and... unfortunately got close, but no cigar. 107.77 was my fastest run.

Below is a pic of my quickest run. Kind of a shitty reaction, but I was really happy I got under 2 seconds at 60 feet. Some of the guys there even came up to me and congratulated me! E.T. was 12.3, which I was pretty happy about!

http://i.imgur.com/G6QX7.jpg (Image was a bit too large for the forum)

Thanks for all the support and help! I'll be going back Saturday to try and get better, seems I'm a bit addicted now...

One more thing: Do you guys know if doing that airbox mod would help? I have noticed that the bike can seem starved for air, but I'm not sure if it would help since I have a stock exhaust.

Thanks, safe riding! :Sport:

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

DakinechicK

Hah, a facepalm? I guess my sarcasm isn't that detectable through text.
That's why smileys come in to play here. :D
However! That might just be my opinion as I use smileys ALL the time! I love them. :iconbeer:

Apbowler

Marthy Viper Exhaust, PCV, airbox mod and FZ6 Cams!!!!!! That's good for 80+ WHP!!! :thumbup:
What good does the FZ6 cams do? I think I read that we normally get 65 or so whp? 80 is definitely great, I might have to take you up on that at some point...

Y

yellowfz

What good does the FZ6 cams do? I think I read that we normally get 65 or so whp? 80 is definitely great, I might have to take you up on that at some point...
Find a wrecked FZ6, swap engine and ECU, instant 98hp. :D

Apbowler

Find a wrecked FZ6, swap engine and ECU, instant 98hp. :D
Ahh, you make it sound so easy...

Honestly, what I might look to do is try and swap the 6R next year for something a lot more beefy, like a ZX10. I rode one of those a few weeks ago, and what can I say, I love to go FAST.

Doncan

Congratulations on your time. It's one of the quickest and fastest for a stock FZ6R that I've read here. Before you start spending big money, why don't you start with the basics like changing the chain sprocket(s) ? Then you can start moving on to the filter, exhaust and the rest one at a time to evaluate the progress...

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member
Y

yellowfz

Honestly, what I might look to do is try and swap the 6R next year for something a lot more beefy, like a ZX10. I rode one of those a few weeks ago, and what can I say, I love to go FAST.
Yep, that would fix the speed problem rather easily. :thumbup:

Apbowler

Yep, that would fix the speed problem rather easily. :thumbup:
Haha you bet it would. Would just cause my finances to be rather... taut. But hey, you only get one shot at this life, right? Oh and how I crave that horsepower... ;]

Congratulations on your time. It's one of the quickest and fastest for a stock FZ6R that I've read here. Before you start spending big money, why don't you start with the basics like changing the chain sprocket(s) ? Then you can start moving on to the filter, exhaust and the rest one at a time to evaluate the progress...
Yeah, I think making smaller changes is probably the way to go, especially if I'm not keeping it for long. My dad has a different chain he used to have on his bike, he said it would increase my speed a little near the end, but not much. He told me something about O-Ring chains being a little slower/inefficient. I don't fully remember though.

Last edited:

Apbowler

Very impressive pass especially considering the weather lately. Good job!
Thanks! I'm looking forward to keep going back, and improving more and more! Need to trim that reaction time down.

Last edited:

MC#4

Thanks! I'm looking forward to keep going back, and improving more and more! Need to trim that reaction time down.
Just remember that reaction times are only important if you are actually racing. You can sit at the line for 10 seconds and still run a 12.30 pass. The clock doesn't start until you trip the starting line beams.

Apbowler

Just remember that reaction times are only important if you are actually racing. You can sit at the line for 10 seconds and still run a 12.30 pass. The clock doesn't start until you trip the starting line beams.
Believe it or not, I was actually competing. The pic was during one of the test runs later on, after I was out. I had my dial-in at 12.6, but ran a 12.5. The guy I raced had a .001 reaction and was .02 off his dial-in. Hard to beat that...

Chevyfazer

Well, as said in my last thread, I was hoping to hit 110MPH, per a bet against my dad and... unfortunately got close, but no cigar. 107.77 was my fastest run.

Below is a pic of my quickest run. Kind of a shitty reaction, but I was really happy I got under 2 seconds at 60 feet. Some of the guys there even came up to me and congratulated me! E.T. was 12.3, which I was pretty happy about!

http://i.imgur.com/G6QX7.jpg (Image was a bit too large for the forum)

Thanks for all the support and help! I'll be going back Saturday to try and get better, seems I'm a bit addicted now...

One more thing: Do you guys know if doing that airbox mod would help? I have noticed that the bike can seem starved for air, but I'm not sure if it would help since I have a stock exhaust.

Thanks, safe riding! :Sport:
Great time!

So far I've only taken this bike (04 fz6) to a 1/4 mile strip once when it was fairly stock and the best time I could get was a 12.003, so on the fz6r that's a great time!

Apbowler

Great time!

So far I've only taken this bike (04 fz6) to a 1/4 mile strip once when it was fairly stock and the best time I could get was a 12.003, so on the fz6r that's a great time!
If I can get off the line quicker, maybe get a better 60ft time, I might be able to get a 12.0 run. We'll just have to see how it goes Saturday!