Double Bubble vs Touring Windscreen

swatguy

Trying to decide on which would actuallly be better for my application. I ride my bike 100mi round trip on the hwy at 70-80mph. Looking for a little more deflection than the stock as I am getting blasted right in the sweet spot being 6ft tall and having the seat in the raised position.

Hoping to get some insight on which windsreen would be the better choice

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

roadrat

Unfortunately, the Yamaha raised bubble is the only immediately available option at this point as far as I know. I'm 5' 10" and I really didn't notice much difference between that one and stock. I've been trying to order the Puig for months, no luck. Marthy is pulling together a special order of touring windscreens so you might give him a shout... we need to pull together 10 orders.

http://www.600cc.org/forum/f89/marthy-22-windscreen-light-tint-21349/

sammy56

Unfortunately, the Yamaha raised bubble is the only immediately available option at this point as far as I know. I'm 5' 10" and I really didn't notice much difference between that one and stock. I've been trying to order the Puig for months, no luck. Marthy is pulling together a special order of touring windscreens so you might give him a shout... we need to pull together 10 orders.

http://www.600cc.org/forum/f89/marthy-22-windscreen-light-tint-21349/
Cee Baileys | 2009 & UP YAMAHA FZ6R Windshield

roadrat

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

swatguy

The Cee Baileys is the one I was looking at. I thought Puig made one as well. Obviously my search turned up a bunch on Marthy's. Count me in if you are planning on doing a batch before late sept.

Thanks for info so guys

Lefty

I was in the same boat as you SwatGuy. I communte 110kms back and forth to work. I went out an bought the Yamaha windshield since I was in a hurry. I'm 6'2 and 210lbs with my seat in the Low position. I found that it raised the wind up 4 inches. The wind used to hit my chin and shake my helmet like crazy (i.e. wind buffeting) and give me neck strain, now it hits the top part of my visor and barely shakes at all now (still some wind buffeting but reduced significantly). Plus when I tuck down I barely get any wind on my helmet. A good investment for a good price. It does what I wanted it to do, reduce helmet shaking and still look sporty. Cheers.

Soapartist

I was in the same boat as you SwatGuy. I communte 110kms back and forth to work. I went out an bought the Yamaha windshield since I was in a hurry. I'm 6'2 and 210lbs with my seat in the Low position. I found that it raised the wind up 4 inches. The wind used to hit my chin and shake my helmet like crazy (i.e. wind buffeting) and give me neck strain, now it hits the top part of my visor and barely shakes at all now (still some wind buffeting but reduced significantly). Plus when I tuck down I barely get any wind on my helmet. A good investment for a good price. It does what I wanted it to do, reduce helmet shaking and still look sporty. Cheers.
The Yamaha screen meaning the Cee Bailey's?

Y

yellowfz

I have the Yama Raised Bubble also , it's a little better than the stock in my opinion , I am 6'1". :eek:
Have been waiting on a Puig Touring Screen that has yet to arrive . :mad:
If it doesn't arrive soon am going to ask for money back and I will sign up on Marthy's list for one of his . :thumbup:

Lefty

The Yamaha screen meaning the Cee Bailey's?
Sorry, the Yamaha raised bubble. I read alot about the windshields and decided on that one. My decision was based on reducing wind buffeting on my helmet (used to get headaches on hour long runs), sportyness (sp?), perfect fit (some Puig windshields didn't have a perfect fit) and availability. Cheers.

Jay S.

I've been considering the Yamaha DB for a while now and I'm afraid that at 5'9" it will push the wind completely over me. In Texas you need some wind in the face when it's 110 degrees out.

Osoreru

Does anyone know the difference between the Puig Racing and Touring screens that they have available at the moment? I'm not quite as concerned about the look as I am about the effectiveness. I've been trying to find information or even a direct comparison between the two screens, and so far have only found a comparison between the Yamaha Double Bubble and the Puig Racing while searching this forum and google. I plan on doing a number of fairly long trips, and I'm afraid the stock screen is just not going to cut it. I assume that the Touring screen is specifically designed for that purpose, but like so many other things, it's entirely possible that it may not be as good as the Racing. Anyway, point being, anybody have the info I'm looking for or a link to a discussion I may have missed?

Chucker

Does anyone know the difference between the Puig Racing and Touring screens that they have available at the moment? I'm not quite as concerned about the look as I am about the effectiveness. I've been trying to find information or even a direct comparison between the two screens, and so far have only found a comparison between the Yamaha Double Bubble and the Puig Racing while searching this forum and google. I plan on doing a number of fairly long trips, and I'm afraid the stock screen is just not going to cut it. I assume that the Touring screen is specifically designed for that purpose, but like so many other things, it's entirely possible that it may not be as good as the Racing. Anyway, point being, anybody have the info I'm looking for or a link to a discussion I may have missed?
You can see in these pictures. The touring is a little wider and taller. I have the racing and I love it.

Attachments

Osoreru

You can see in these pictures. The touring is a little wider and taller. I have the racing and I love it.
Right..I've seen the pictures. I'm hoping to hear from somebody who maybe has tried and seen the effectiveness of both and which is actually better at deflecting the wind at 70-80mph.

roadrat

Just installed and tested the Puig racing wind screen and it's a dramatic improvement over the OEM and Yamaha screen. I'm 5' 10" and it deflects a nice flow of air right to the middle of my face shield for excellent venting. Also, no buffeting, even up to 95 mph. :thumbup:

John