Double Bubble Tinted Windscreen

KADO

Has anyone been able to locate a Double bubble tinted windscreen. Everywhere I look, they seem to out of them?

KADO

I haven't tried them but I did try another place and they said that nobody had them in stock currently. Maybe I will just give them a call and make sure myself, can't take their word I suppose. If anybody would have it, fatbikez would.

porky45

ya. good luck man. I know my sister got mine from stadium yamaha before the holidays for like $55 or something. I don't think they have them anymore (i just double checked too).

KADO

Looks like I will need some luck so I will take all I can get to find one.

KADO

Yea I was hoping for the Puig one, guess I will just have to wait a little while.

cbzdel

I emailed puig a month or so ago asking for pics of their windscreen for the XJ6 Diversion since its the same as the FZ6R pretty much (has about 1/3 of the fairing missing but for the most part the same bike)

They sent me pics of the race screen and the touring screen.

I thought there was already a post on here about it otherwise I would of posted about it..

Neither screen looked better than stock IMO, the double bubble looked out of place with the lines of the bike and the touring screen looked like a 2' tall piece of clear plastic (it was HUGE)

But I am sure if you can order directly though Puig they can put you in contact with someone who can.

mfischler

Elite Member

Craxican

I don't know much about the puig, but i know that i bought the yamaha one and love it. The reason I bought the yamaha one was simply because it says fz6r on it, but that's not really important. It looks good and all...i guess it depends on what you want it for. The tinted double bubble is smaller than the clear and the original stock...but looks way better IMO...and as far as redirecting the wind...at 140mph hunched over...it does the job just fine

KADO

I don't know much about the puig, but i know that i bought the yamaha one and love it. The reason I bought the yamaha one was simply because it says fz6r on it, but that's not really important. It looks good and all...i guess it depends on what you want it for. The tinted double bubble is smaller than the clear and the original stock...but looks way better IMO...and as far as redirecting the wind...at 140mph hunched over...it does the job just fine
Do you happen to have a picture that I could look at with it on the bike?

porky45

here you go.

DIDN'T WORK. I'LL TRY AGAIN LOL.

Attachments

Last edited:

KADO

I just ordered a Puig dark smoke windscreen from Indysuperbikes if anyone was looking for them.

porky45

Nice looking bike. Clean.

Thank you. Flushies are in the mix and eventually I want to get rid of the rabbit ears. I like the fact that the stock mirrors fold. Apparently the R6S mirrors don't. O well. :cool:

KADO

KADO

Well here is a update on the Puig windscreen. I got it in about a week ago but just got time to actually looking at it to put it on the bike today. It doesn't fit. The hole patterns are off and it is not the right shape on the sides to screw it on even if the holes lined up. So if you were thinking about getting one, I wouldn't advise it.

SSgtBaarnes

Just got a Puig windscreen in last week and was quite disappointed. The main issue was that the windscreen didn't fit the lines of my bike even though it was labeled to do so. Secondly, the holes didn't match up with those on the bike. Obviously I was disappointed and had the dealer return the screen and ordered one of the Yamaha double bubbles instead. Thanks to those who recommended those on this site. Wish I had read these before the Puig incident.

Mike