does anyone ask if your 6r is an R1?

Seppel

This is the 10th time someone has asked me that, so I'm wondering if this is a common thing. This latest guy claimed to know about motorcycles, then asked. I don't see how anyone can confuse the two.

Last edited:

MikeH

Sure have! Not sure why honestly. :)

jasper909

I tell people i have an FZ6R and 90% of them go "ooh you have an R6!, my buddy has a ___, you guys should race!"... ugh.

I think the 6R is a bit more of an obscure/ less promoted bike in the yami lineup compared to the more famous R6 and R1.

A shame, the 6R is such a great beast!

RedRider

Never happened to me. Mine does say FZ6R on the side though and I assume people can read when they see my bike [emoji13]

Slick

I have had the same question, and like you, I don't know how they can confuse the two. Had a guy tell me that my R6 was the bike to beat at Chuckawalla!

Bert-Aus

I haven't had that level of misunderstanding directed towards me,
however I do get the odd question from time to time,
I have come to the conclusion that bikes interest people and sometimes they feel the desire to talk to the rider,

in their attempt at grasping an ice breaking conversation topic
perhaps they grab anything that comes to mind,
and sometimes it doesn't go over too well

...shit I know I stuff up random smart arse comments and comments/ conversations
with strangers and friends alike all the time

engineered2win

I was eating an ice cream cone, when this future squidder walked up and asked, "...so why didn't you get an R6?" I explained how insurance is crazy high on a supersport, the bike is significantly more expensive, and most importantly the 6R has significantly more relaxed ergos and a less peaky powerband. His eyes glazed over and I knew he didn't understand anything I said; I knew at that point he would make a great squidder one day. After that I went home and removed the fairing decals that say FZ6R, and haven't been bothered since. I assume they think it's an R6/R1 from the thumbs up. It definitely sounds more like a liter bike with the GPR Deeptone exhaust.

Last edited: