Do you work out regularly?

• yes

Votes: 35 71.4%
  • no

Votes: 14 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Maadi

Well I answered yes, but.. I'm 6 months out of a knee surgery, so my workouts are strictly knee strength oriented. So definitely no gym, but gentle walks, all the exercises my PT assigned to me, some indoor bicycling... And that's about it. Oh, and some upper body / core stuff so I don't get any more blubbery than I already am after the surgery. Hoping to progress to outdoor cycling this summer, and some real walks with my dog. Used to do horseback riding, haven't been able to for 5 years because of the knee. Hopefully can get back to it eventually! And yes, for those of you who don't know it, horseback riding is VERY good exercise! ;)

FSXlover

Ah, I think you & I are the the only ones who dead lift.

When I am doing dead lifts everyone in the gym seems to stare & are intimidated by them. For my body, it's the best all around lifting I can do. It comes very naturally to me. Squats out of the big 3 are my least favorite of the big 3.

you say 300lbs in 3 weeks? I hope your pushing yourself to get to the 6 plate level at 315lbs.

good stuff..
I'm actually more focused on my squats right now. The 300-315 bench is one of my big goals but I am really working hard on the squats. my squats have been terrible since I started lifting. I just started smolov. And after I finish that I'll run smolov jr. for my bench press to get me up to 315.

It's kinda insane how much I'm having to eat though. I can usually keep my weight at 205 no problem but I weighted 195 today even though I'm eating like a family of four. I guess it's cause I'm still a young growing boy and squatting 3-4 times a week requires lots of energy.

RoadTrip

Hiking and walking the dogs mostly, I pick up the weights in the garage a few times a month, and maybe hit the bags for 5 minutes. Swimming is the ultimate quick workout, but then I have to go all the way to the gym, wish I had a pool at the house.

HotSauce

I go to Title Boxing Club....I used to just go to the local gym and run to stay in shape, but I never had a day when I actually wanted to go. Pretty much the only reason I went was to see the chicks, but boxing and kickboxing is pretty f'in fun :D

redprodigy35

After some twisties the other day I decided I should start going. My thighs started spazzin.
Been putting it off for a while now...

But my job since recently has been welding, and boiler work, so I guess you could say I "lift things up and I put them down" regularly between the steel plates, and wrench turning....

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member
Last edited:

FSXlover

Sounds silly, But I am big on the egg whites pre-made right from the store. Each carton is roughly 100 grams of protein. I try to drink 2 cartons a day to give me half my protein uptake. Much better & cheaper than powders. you need at least 1.5 grams of protein per LB of body weight so you need roughly 300 grams a day. The egg whites take a while for your system to get used to them but then it's a piece of cake. Raw potatoes are great carbs/sugar for the pre-workout snack.

The calories are important but if you are eating too much sugar your body will make too much cortisol which will harm your gains. Too much salt intake can be corrected with water intake.

3 main components when seriously hitting it in order of importance:

#1 Diet
#2 Lifting
#3 Rest

you'll get there..

That's internesting I've never really heard of that. How much does a carton cost and how much is in a carton?

And what does it taste like?

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

Botty12

I lift heavy weights. Squat, dead lift, bench press...dead lifts are my strong point. I throw in pull-ups, bar dips, farmer carries, kettle bell work and sled pushes/pulls with sprinting in the mix too.

I hate those pink pansy dumbells.

Although right now I have PT sessions every morning because I'm in firefighting academy, so it's more oriented around that. Then there's wearing 50-75 extra pounds most of the day when not in the classroom, that's always a good workout.

Kinda motivated to keep in shape cuz I don't want my physical abilities to be the reason why I couldn't save someone's life, or mine, for that matter.

priotiynapkin

If lifting 30lb bags of dog food at the pet store i work at and being a drummer counts, then yes XD

I used to work out, have benches, weights, all that up in my attic buried hoarders style now. In high school I was at least riding my bicycle everywhere and got some cardio, but since I got the 6r last year I haven't done crap! :don'tknow:

I fully intend to get back into a routine though. it just seems like I've been so busy...

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member

FSXlover

The organization I work for offers a free golds gym membership as long as I got 8 times a month. And there's a golds gym less than a mile from my work.
It's one of the nice gyms that has Olympic lifting equipment too.