Do you fog the motor when you winterize your bike

Do you fog your motors cyclinders before storing it for the winter

• yes

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • no

Votes: 25 96.2%

• Total voters

cdsdave

How many of you northern riders pull the plugs and put oil or fogging fluid in the cylinders for the long off season.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

Bloke

Not bothered last two years and my bike is normally out of action for about 4 to 5 months.

Not even bothered with fuel stab, I just empty the tank normally with a long last ride.

first ride before turning on I pour a gallon of fresh unleaded in, turn it on and let it run for a bit,

Not had a problem so far, don't even bother with a battery tender. My mate does... Yet he still ends up replacing his battery.

tlsollen

Yep, I can't answer this as I don't put her up. Worst case, if the weather dips, I still takes her out for an hour or so ride once a week. Usually, I can still commute as long as the temps stay above freezing (heated gear FTW!)

Feb2011snowdaze - YouTube
I have a 25min commute one way, rode last winter and so far this winter most days due to it being my only transportation except the fiance's car... lowest I've hit is 22°F, don't think I would want to go below 20° with my current gear (i.e. jeans and a couple jackets
:/ )

anson650

I used to, but my bikes are off road only about four to five months. If I were storing one for longer I definitely would fog the cylinders. I just put the last one to bed on Friday. (I kept the battery in the Venture last year, but I don't think I will be riding through this winter.)
Anson

fordfun

With a bike that does not have cast iron cylinders, I dont see much point in it. I've never heard about any corrosion issues with the nickasil plated aluminum cylinders.

Gary

SpawnXX

Premium Member

06330i

Mine gets a nice bath before she's put away, full tank with fuel stabilizer, a fresh oil change, battery tender, and a motorcycle cover. Leaving your tank empty is a bad idea because moisture can build up and then you can get water in the system (trust me I learned the hard way this year with my boat)

DragonBlu

Like others,,, I keep the tank full of stabilized gas,change oil in the fall and keep a battery tender on. Usually get out at the very least, twice a month during the winter.