Do universal bar ends fit the FZ6R?

HelmetHair

Do the universal (expanding type) bar ends fit our bike? Or do they not fit because of the threading in the FZ6R's bar?

The reason I'm asking is because I am considering some turn signal bar ends and will probably go another route if it takes more moding than drilling a couple holes in the bar for the wires.

HelmetHair

They don't, perfect excuse to fit flat bars though!
Hmm. I like the stock bars. I'm 41 and don't really do the crouched thing well anymore, plus I occasionally ride from Indianapolis to Chicago. I suppose I can find something that will work though. How much more leaned over are you with straight bars?

latony007

Hmm. I like the stock bars. I'm 41 and don't really do the crouched thing well anymore, plus I occasionally ride from Indianapolis to Chicago. I suppose I can find something that will work though. How much more leaned over are you with straight bars?
Im with you (43), thats why i bought this bike so im not all crouched over. In fact since im short i put some risers on the bars to make it even more comfy. if i wanted to lay on the tank i would have bought a gixr :)

as for the bar ends i bought some cheap ones on ebay because they matched my color and they went on and work fine. Not sure about signal ones though because you would have to run the wires somewhere. I put LED strip signals up front if thats an alternate idea for you.

Attachments

HelmetHair

Im with you (43), thats why i bought this bike so im not all crouched over. In fact since im short i put some risers on the bars to make it even more comfy. if i wanted to lay on the tank i would have bought a gixr :)

as for the bar ends i bought some cheap ones on ebay because they matched my color and they went on and work fine. Not sure about signal ones though because you would have to run the wires somewhere. I put LED strip signals up front if thats an alternate idea for you.
That's a neat idea and something I hadn't thought of.

The situation is that I was thinking about going with the Motodynamics Integrated taillight, DMP fender eliminator, the Motodynamic flush mount signals, and an LED turn signal license plate frame. I was wanting to add some turn signal bar ends that can be seen from the front and rear, in part because I love the way they look, and also as an addition to the front flush mounts and rear integrated taillight and license plate frame. There is also the option of adding some small turn signals in the fake air scoops.

latony007

That's a neat idea and something I hadn't thought of.

The situation is that I was thinking about going with the Motodynamics Integrated taillight, DMP fender eliminator, the Motodynamic flush mount signals, and an LED turn signal license plate frame. I was wanting to add some turn signal bar ends that can be seen from the front and rear, in part because I love the way they look, and also as an addition to the front flush mounts and rear integrated taillight and license plate frame. There is also the option of adding some small turn signals in the fake air scoops.
i didnt get the integrated tail light but did do the fender eliminator and added some under strips in red and some signal strips in amber. I also added the plate frame brake light but just have it hooked up as tail light not brake light. That wire was up under the seat and did not want to mess with it.

Attachments